Fixing claymores....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing claymores....

Probably 50% of my deaths over the weekend, particularly on maps like Karkand, were by Claymore.:evil:

Now, I'm not going to get into a whole RL thing - as this is an arcade game - but here's my idea of what EA intended as the Claymore's use vs. what its being done for now.

I think it was brought into the game to give the Sniper protection - ladders, his backside, etc... Less time's being knifed, and more times doing what a sniper TRULY does - finds a good spot, and offers support to his team by either taking out other snipers or firing on the enemy. They don't have cammo for nothing.

But with all the issues regarding mines, we now have snipers running in halls, dropping their claymores, picking up an ammo bag, and repeating. Is that really a satisfying kill ?? Is that really the intent of the sniper's kit?

Seeing 5 mines protecting a road go boom from one hand grenade is one reason that brought this about - but IMO, EA's mistake was lumping the 2 explosives together. In squads, we have to send in an assault player like myself to take the claymore out, so that my medic can come in behind and revive me.

This is what I'd like to see done -- Engy mines - can't be destroyed by enemy explosives, at least then they have some use. Claymores - make them destroyable by grenades/C4 again.

I mean, if you're a sniper, and you're on a perch with a claymore behind you on a ladder, you should be able to tell that someone naded your claymore, unless you're freaking deaf, right? So this shouldn't be an issue then. Make it so the sniper kit is actually used as a sniper. Running into one in a hall and seeing him go for the claymore instead of actually trying to shoot at me is ridiculous.

Flame away snipers, I'll be sure to knife as many of you as possible :laugh:

Re: Fixing claymores....

The sniper can only lay down 3 claymores thats it

Engineer -> Pick up claymores
    Engineer -> Pick up mines

So whats the problem?

Comment

I don't play sniper that often, but when I do, I prefer to move around and cap flags, rather than stay in one spot too long.
      For me, the claymores are used as booby traps, and I usually hide them behind objects, not always around flags.

I personally feel that claymores should be destroyed by nades, it would stop all the alleys being filled with them and the snipers getting fairly cheap kills.
      But then again, I think you can only actually place 2 mines, so just find another way round.

Scort.

Comment

Claymores are annoying. So what! They don't need any fixing. They are fine as they are. It would be nice to be able to blow them up with nades, but I'd rather see real problems fixed...like the red tag bug. I would much rather get blown up my a claymore, then keep getting negative points by killing a teammate with a red tag.

Comment

I think 50% is an exageration. In my case, since the "no-friendly-trigger" patch. Ive only died by claymore 10-20 times.

You can avoid them.

Died alot more by pkm than claymore.

If claymores are cheap kills, then why isnt spamming with amo and health??????

Its exactly the same except it doesnt result in a direct kill...indirectly the ammo and health spamming contributes to kills aswell...probably more so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden

So whats the problem?
            3? When did that patch come out? I can only put down 2.

Comment

Originally posted by USI_Krusher
              3? When did that patch come out? I can only put down 2.
              When you get more ammo and place down two more claymores the first claymore will disappear, its the same with mines, you can only put down a maximum of 5 after that they disappear.

I don't know if they reduced that max claymores to two, they said they were going to in one of the patches.

Comment

And I'd like to see an engy pick one up too lol...

I'm not saying that the abuse of claymores takes precedence over Red/Blue bug, probably the #1 issue still in-game. In fact, I have a screen in a Vodnik, showing red/blue/green passengers, very nice

Comment

When you get more ammo and place down two more claymores the first claymore will disappear, its the same with mines, you can only put down a maximum of 5 after that they disappear.

I don't know if they reduced that max claymores to two, they said they were going to in one of the patches.
                  I knew about the mines, but yesterday I was defending TV at Sharqi, and if I put more than two down the first one I placed disappeared. So, the max is 2 now.

Comment

Ah thats OK then, they did say they were going to change it.

Comment

So whats the problem?
                      The problem is when I come up to a flag with two claymores arranged in plain sight or in predictable (I don't even need to see them to know they're there) places, and I can't destroy them. In some cases, I can't even get to flag because the claymores block off all the paths to it. Even if I can get to the flag, somebody on my team is going to trigger those claymores. Oh yeah, engineers are hard to come by outside of a tank or APC, so the fact that engineers can defuse claymores is almost completely moot.

Claymores = free kills, and that's the problem with them.

Comment

They should certainly be able to be destroyed by grenades. It is silly that if you see a claymore and you have to go the way that it is blocking, the only way to get rid of it is to send someone in to die and then revive them.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                          They should certainly be able to be destroyed by grenades. It is silly that if you see a claymore and you have to go the way that it is blocking, the only way to get rid of it is to send someone in to die and then revive them.
                          At least it requires teamwork!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
                            Claymores = free kills, and that's the problem with them.
                            No offense, but that's an idiotic statement. That's like saying a tank vs infantry is a free kill. A claymore is meant to deter a person from going somewhere the person who layed it doesn't want you going. They are made to boobytrap paths. Why do you think they are directional?

It amazes me that some people can complain about every aspect of this game. I ask you..why if you have all this issues with things are you still playing the game?

Comment

Anyone ever hear "IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT".

The thing that is wrong with claymores is that it doesnt pop open and offer tissues to the soon to be whiner who was just killed with it.

If you knew the trigger distance of claymores in real life you would shut up about it. DICE drastically reduced the "trigger area" as well as the kill area of claymores when they put them into this game. Consider yourselves lucky huh?

If you dont want to take the time to be an engineer(horridly underused class) to run around and disarm these bad boys then you shouldnt be posting here about it.

Playing on Karkand all the time, taking that stupid @ss predictable pattern through the passage to the hotel again and again, you deserve to die by claymore, and i am usually the one laying them there for you to die on!

If you are unwilling to take the time to disarm, avoid claymores, thats your problem. I play Karkand alot myself, i take turns on both teams, defending as MEc, or attacking as USMC. When i am on USMC, i rarely die from claymores EVER! Why is that? How could i possibly be missing this horrible unbalanced claymore issue like all of these whiners? HOW? Most of my time is on Karkand, look at my stats and see if you like, also most of my time has been spent as USMC as well, and i am still yet to see this claymore situation.

Its obvious you dont think when you play, sorry to say, if you did you wouldnt be whining about my dastardly claymores.......... =(

Comment

Working...
                              X