Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exactly why I dislike snipers

Originally posted by TriggerHappy2005
    I hate snipers period. They bring nothing to the team. That don't help defensively if you take away the gay ass claymores. They definitely don't help offensively. I like to camp snipers on my team and lay smoke grenades in front of them. I also like TKing them and giving away thier position. Snipers are a waste of a slot.
    You have OBVIOUSLY NEVER had a clan match. Snipers are excellent spawn points and come in very handy when you need cover. When I have a clan match we always have at least 1 sniper, if not 2. You probably run into an uncappable spawn with your PKM and get killed right away wasting ticket after ticket. While your team is trying to defend and save their tickets. Smacktards like you are a waste of slot.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
      There is no such things as "hiding" in BF2, you if you know where to look you can always see a sniper...
      If you knew where to look, you wouldn't be worried about where he is nailing you from in the first place. Completely irrelevant..

I'd like to see you "find" me when I'm nailing you from far away. Don't think that just because most snipers are idiots and are prone on rooftops with the barrel of their rifle sticking out, that that's what most do. Sometimes I have up to 5 people looking for me and a lot of times I don't even re-locate like I should. And I end up racking up 30+ kills, 2 deaths at most (usually by arty) whilst those 5 are getting more and more ****ed off. Of course you can hide in BF2... For how long is a different matter. What kind of a stupid comment is that...

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
        Engineer - Very poor versus infantry; AT mines can really help out the team, especially now that friendly vehicles can't be hurt by friendly AT mines; best used when in a vehicle (for repairs, obviously)
        Rubbish! Walk down an alley and meet an enemy engineer, the engineer will walk out of the alley again.
        Originally posted by SuperX7
        If you knew where to look, you wouldn't be worried about where he is nailing you from in the first place. Completely irrelevant..

I'd like to see you "find" me when I'm nailing you from far away. Don't think that just because most snipers are idiots and are prone on rooftops with the barrel of their rifle sticking out, that that's what most do. Sometimes I have up to 5 people looking for me and a lot of times I don't even re-locate like I should. And I end up racking up 30+ kills, 2 deaths at most (usually by arty) whilst those 5 are getting more and more ****ed off. Of course you can hide in BF2... For how long is a different matter. What kind of a stupid comment is that...
        If you can see me, I can see you, because of 2 things: Fog and LOD.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
          Actually, I'm trying to get my Expert Sniper badge and I need the hours. Blame DICE.
          So your saying instead of switching to AT for about 2 min, you would rather loose your last flag wait for 5 min while the last guy runs around, then another 5 minutes while the map loads, all for a badge? I'm sorry to say thisgame is about teamwork and not your precious badge.

Comment

If you can see me, I can see you, because of 2 things: Fog and LOD.
            That simply is not true, LOD can give you a general indication, which is still hard to see, cause a goos sniper will take you down in one shot and you will hardly know what hit you let alone be able to properly judge where the sniper is. Spotting a sniper 300 meters away is a very very hard thing to do, it requires patience and a very keen eye, plus to watch properly you would have to stop, and when you do your head is blown off. Add to that that you're alo beeing attacked by other enemies and a sniper is very very hard to locate.
            At the same time a sniper can be at a safe distance, keep spotting enemies for his team, and be able to scout out a large area.
            Remeber not all snipers will sit on roofs with their gun sticking out, a sniper near a bush far away is almost impossible to recognize, hell at that distance he himself looks like a bush.

Comment

Must choose a class wisely depending on the situation.

Comment

Comment

In response to some posters: I never said the sniper kit is useless. It is anything but.

My point was simple: only a craptastic sniper will always spawn as a sniper. It's those guys that drive me nuts. I have many unreal snipers in my clan, so good it is scary, but even they know sniper is not the best kit for some situations. Use your head.

And yes, I get angry at a game. Glad it gives you a laugh. Remember that next time you get angry. It'll give me a laugh.

Comment

There is no such things as "hiding" in BF2, you if you know where to look you can always see a sniper...
                    Snipers are useful if played right I believe. Like OP said, you have to know when being a snipe isn't the best time, and spawn as to what's most useful. Off topic, sweet, I made someone's sig mwuahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                    X