Exactly why I dislike snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly why I dislike snipers

I dislike snipers for one reason mainly: the people who spawn as a sniper when they know a base is surrounded by armor.

I'm willing to bet that any good sniper would never do this. IMO, any sniper who does this is worthy of a TK.

My advice to sniper whores: be a sniper 90% of the time if that is what you really like, but please God do not spawn with a defensive kit when offense is needed. I love specops, I play it 90% of the time, but it is not always appropriate. What do I do? Spawn with whatever best suits the situation. I suggest snipers do the same.

Does anyone really believe that the sniper kit is ALWAYS usefull? Of course not. Nothing is universal in this game.

Re: Exactly why I dislike snipers

When I go primarily sniper, I often start off as Anti-Tank to help with the initial enemy armor attack...and then switch to sniper upon death. I do the same when enemy armor is near our spawn. Only makes sense, to me.

Comment

Actually, I'm trying to get my Expert Sniper badge and I need the hours. Blame DICE.

Comment

Well i have actually done that. I have wanted to go medic, but a tank was in our base. I thought, well i will go anti tank to waste this tank then when i die i go medic. 20 mins later i finally go medic. After i finally die.

Comment

I hate snipers period. They bring nothing to the team. That don't help defensively if you take away the gay ass claymores. They definitely don't help offensively. I like to camp snipers on my team and lay smoke grenades in front of them. I also like TKing them and giving away thier position. Snipers are a waste of a slot.

Comment

And you TriggerHappy2005 are a waste of oxygen. I think thats worse tbh.

And I agree with the threadstarter. I do the same he just mentioned. When I see armor incoming and I am going to respawn I will take the AT kit. When we are down to 1 or 2 flags I go Medic. Just to make sure we get our initiative back. Whatever is more usefull atm. Only when we are secure again at a flag or 2 I head out again as sniper. Either after a respawn or after picking up a sniper kit somewhere
            Btw this goes for all classes. Its not a sniper-kit specific problem. A lot of the other classes spawn in equally worthless classes sometimes which dont help to counter some threat.

Comment

Notice how the good snipers are usually highly ranked and are experienced in the art of the their trade.

Yesterday on Gulf of Oman I joined the squad of a good sniper. He was camping all the way at the end of the map on a hill, sniping people from 400 meters. This guy was a Liutenant and got about 11 kills and 1 death. Once we picked off any enemies at the nearest spawn point, we rushed in and capped the flag. We kept doing this over and over untill we won.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                Actually, I'm trying to get my Expert Sniper badge and I need the hours. Blame DICE.
                And those 3 seconds as antitank will take forever!

Comment

yes i would
                  Originally posted by Endless954
                  I dislike snipers for one reason mainly: the people who spawn as a sniper when they know a base is surrounded by armor.

I'm willing to bet that any good sniper would never do this. IMO, any sniper who does this is worthy of a TK.

My advice to sniper whores: be a sniper 90% of the time if that is what you really like, but please God do not spawn with a defensive kit when offense is needed. I love specops, I play it 90% of the time, but it is not always appropriate. What do I do? Spawn with whatever best suits the situation. I suggest snipers do the same.

Does anyone really believe that the sniper kit is ALWAYS usefull? Of course not. Nothing is universal in this game.

Comment

Yeah but the thing is, in that situation. You think to yourself, I should spawn as an AT to help defend the base, but you know that if you spawn as an AT, almost all the others will also have spawned as AT as well and allready taken out the tank.

But here is where it gets tricky, you think to yourself. Wait if I spawn as a AT, what will happen is that everyone else will also spawn as AT and I would be useless, but the thing is everyone else is thinking the same, and you beeing experienced know that, but you also know that everyone else might be thinking, that everyone else is thinking the same thing that I just said. So it becomes a guessing game, should I spawn as AT or not.

Will others think that everyone els will also spawns as AT or wil they think that everyone else thinks that all the others will spawn as AT, and thus not spawn as AT, or wil they think that everyone else will think that everyone else will think that everyone else is thinking that everyone else will not spawn as AT because they all think that everyone else will spawn as AT. And somehow you never spawn as the right kit at the right time. Atleast it's so for me.

Comment

I hate the snipers who just run up to u and drop claymores...besides being smack-tard noobs who try and get explosive ord. badge...they obviously don't know that it takes a few seconds for the claymore to arm, so the only way it will kill me is if i lie there and wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerHappy2005
                        I hate snipers period. They bring nothing to the team. That don't help defensively if you take away the gay ass claymores. They definitely don't help offensively. I like to camp snipers on my team and lay smoke grenades in front of them. I also like TKing them and giving away thier position. Snipers are a waste of a slot.
                        You, are a first class idiot. Moving on...

In reply to first post, I see your reasoning - but it differs from situation to situation. Usually when there is armour surrounding a flag, there are troops, and enemy snipers around too. This means whilst you are busy trying to fight the armour, there are enemy snipers picking you off and making your life that much more difficult. Thus, some people spawn to get those guys and let the AT boys handle the armour, it's STUPID if EVERYONE spawns as AT... and don't even start to tell me that you're able to spot a well hidden sniper and nail him with your AT.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperX7
                          You, are a first class idiot. Moving on...

In reply to first post, I see your reasoning - but it differs from situation to situation. Usually when there is armour surrounding a flag, there are troops, and enemy snipers around too. This means whilst you are busy trying to fight the armour, there are enemy snipers picking you off and making your life that much more difficult. Thus, some people spawn to get those guys and let the AT boys handle the armour, it's STUPID if EVERYONE spawns as AT... and don't even start to tell me that you're able to spot a well hidden sniper and nail him with your AT.
                          There is no such things as "hiding" in BF2, you if you know where to look you can always see a sniper...

Comment

You get angry at what people do in a game. Hahaha. Thats hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
                              I think that the only true "universal" kit is Spec Ops, because they pack lethal explosives AND pretty decent firearms... however... they can die fairly easily, and without a medic nearby, they're really vulnerable.

Here's my breakdown of the other classes, however:

Assault - Really good versus infantry; grenade launcher is decent for taking out small vehicle; practically useless without a medic nearby

Medic - Good versus infantry; the ability to heal yourself, others, and to revive dead teammates makes this one of the best classes in the game; very poor versus any type of vehicle.

Support - Good versus infantry; good in conjunction with kits that have a low supply of ammo (such as anti-tank); so-so versus small vehicles

Engineer - Very poor versus infantry; AT mines can really help out the team, especially now that friendly vehicles can't be hurt by friendly AT mines; best used when in a vehicle (for repairs, obviously)

Anti-Tank - Good versus armor, but very vulnerable themselves; rockets give away position easily; low health = need for medics; low supply of rockets = need for support ammo packs; not good against infantry unless up close with unlocked auto-shotgun; not a very good class without teamwork to back you up.

Sniper - The ultimate anti-infantry kit, BUT only from far away; can only attack drivers in small vehicles, but with limited insurance that it will count as something good; claymores = the shiznit if placed in vital (infantry) chokepoints.

Comment

Working...
                              X