Does BF2 run on a GeForce 7800GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does BF2 run on a GeForce 7800GT?

did u reformat when u put your new card in? Also re install after u reformat. that happend to me.

Comment

I think this may be your problem:

It appears that the 7800GT isn't supported on your motherboard, perhaps they have newer motherboard drivers out now, but it looks like this is your problem.

Comment

Wow, so much ignorance in this thread.

I believe Bluecow hit it on the head. Time for a new MOBO.

Might want to dump that Intel while your getting a new MOBO.

Comment

Yes, will get a new motherboard.

Is Intel really that bad that I should dump it?

Any particular mobo manufacturer you can recommend?

Thanks.

Comment

Nah, keep the Intel, ti will be alright. However if you did want to switch to AMD now would be the time.

As for MOBOs, I don't have a clue. I'm so far behind on the Intel scene that I couldn't even begin to reccomend one.

Comment

Originally posted by meanfocker
              I just upgraded my graphics card to the Gainward Bliss 7800GT 512Mb and now BF2 won't run. All my other games work great but not BF2.

I'm running the most recently patched version and hoping I haven't wasted my money and choosen a card that's unsupported!

help!
              I had to reinstall my game after doing EXACTLY this.

It has something to do with how BF2 recognizes your new videocard...not sure, but I remember having to reinstall for exactly this.

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by machstem
                I had to reinstall my game after doing EXACTLY this.

It has something to do with how BF2 recognizes your new videocard...not sure, but I remember having to reinstall for exactly this.

PEACE
                Thanks machstem, I was thinking about doing this however my BF2 Disc 1 snapped in half!!!! a few months ago. (I've been using a DAEMON image since then to load up).

Looks like I've have to buy it again to get myself on the road again.

Comment

Thanks machstem, I was thinking about doing this however my BF2 Disc 1 snapped in half!!!! a few months ago. (I've been using a DAEMON image since then to load up).

Looks like I've have to buy it again to get myself on the road again.
                  Well, I might have some ideas on how to fix your game.

You may need to delete your profile, but when loading the game it "should" just re-detect everything and set it to default.

You'll have to re-adjust everything, but at least you'll have a clean slate to work with!

PEACE

EDIT: Use Daemon to load up your CD1 image and install from there. Was it a DVd or CD? Mine's a DVD, so if it snaps, I still have my image I can always load it from. As long as you have you CD-key, it should work.

Comment

asus, msi, and dfi make good mobo's i'd get one of those

Comment

If you have money to upgrade to AMD do it !
                      Mobo- DFI Lanparty s939
                      CPU- AMD Opteron 144/146

Comment

Originally posted by machstem
                        Well, I might have some ideas on how to fix your game.

You may need to delete your profile, but when loading the game it "should" just re-detect everything and set it to default.

You'll have to re-adjust everything, but at least you'll have a clean slate to work with!

PEACE

EDIT: Use Daemon to load up your CD1 image and install from there. Was it a DVd or CD? Mine's a DVD, so if it snaps, I still have my image I can always load it from. As long as you have you CD-key, it should work.
                        Yeah this is what i would sugest if you can't uninstall BF2 and reinstall it. Most like it a problem with the resolution and refresh rate. I had the same thing happen to me, all i did was reinstall the game and it worked.

Comment

OK my problem is when I double click the BF2 icon the screen goes black (as normal) for a few seconds then it goes back to desktop and BF2.exe has stopped running in the Windows Processes dialog
                          This is a screen refresh rate bug, I think. Set your desktop resolution and refresh rates to BF2 default settings (1064x768 60Hz) and restart the game.

For some reason, the newer Nvidia drivers or BF2 patches have issues with non-default resolutions and refresh rates. I had the exact symptoms:

Comment

Originally posted by -=FTG General Tso=-
                            This is a screen refresh rate bug, I think. Set your desktop resolution and refresh rates to BF2 default settings (1064x768 60Hz) and restart the game.

For some reason, the newer Nvidia drivers or BF2 patches have issues with non-default resolutions and refresh rates. I had the exact symptoms:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56705
                            Well, his issue was after having changed videocards, so yeah, essentially your trick works to

By deleting his local profile, the game should detect which resolution to properly play on, it may have been different from his older videocard.

PEACE

Comment

machstem,

Thankyou very very very much I can now play BF2. although only offline!!!

Every time I click on a server to join it crashes to desktop weird as it runs fine in singleplayer mode

Will probably get a new mobo anyway so I can run my card at 16x rather than 4x (that must make a huge difference).

Comment

Just for the record I got my BF2 multiplayer working at long last.

Here's what I did:

I reset the CD key using EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Support\Battlefield 2_code.exe

Then I downloaded the most recent Full patch and repatched the game.

I then clicked on Join and crossed my fingers (important bit) and it all worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X