Does BF2 run on a GeForce 7800GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BF2 run on a GeForce 7800GT?

I just upgraded my graphics card to the Gainward Bliss 7800GT 512Mb and now BF2 won't run. All my other games work great but not BF2.

I'm running the most recently patched version and hoping I haven't wasted my money and choosen a card that's unsupported!

help!

Re: Does BF2 run on a GeForce 7800GT?

driver ?

Comment

I'm running the latest Forceware drivers 84.21

Comment

mainboard chipset drivers?

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with the latest Forceware drivers and Battlefield 2?

Comment

Motherboard is a 775Dual-880Pro with VIA 4 in 1 driver ver: 4.55s2

Could it be the Motherboard then? It's not running at x16 but at x4 according to the nVidia Display. If someone else is using this card then I at least know the game supports it.

Comment

Im using 84.21 and have had no probs so far...To the OP when u say BF2 wont work...what happens? its easier for peeps to help if you're a little more specific

edit...u posted above while i was posting. i'm sure the game supports it...the x4/x16 issue sound the prob

Comment

I'm running 83.90 with everything maxed out
                No probs

Comment

OK my problem is when I double click the BF2 icon the screen goes black (as normal) for a few seconds then it goes back to desktop and BF2.exe has stopped running in the Windows Processes dialog

Comment

O2zi3
                    To the OP when u say BF2 wont work...what happens?

The first question, everytime. -_-

Comment

I'm fine with my 7800GT 512mb GFX

Asus socket 939 mobo
                      XP4000+
                      1024mb ram
                      sata hard drive

all settings maxed out. runs great, perhaps you should try some of the unofficial drivers, they sometimes work better. Or just make sure your card is set up properly.

Comment

7800gt should work beautifully...if you are running 4x instead of 16x then it sounds like you have your video card plugged in the wrong pci-e slot...pci-e comes in 16x, 4x, and 1x...put it in the right slot then give it a try

Comment

Thanks everyone for your posts. Nice to see the 7800GT 512Mb works in someone's machine! that at least makes me think it must be motherboard related. There is only 1 slot for PCI-E in my mobo (the other is a AGP), I just think that ASROCK don't support this card properly therefore that's why it's running at 4x.

Weird thing is the game should still run at PCI-E x4 (especially as the others do).

Comment

I have an eVga 7800GT, and it works fine. Are you trying to run widescreen? I've seen that problem before, but it was related to a mismatch between the shortcut command line options and the settings in the video.con file. If the icon wants a certin resolution, and they don't match what's in the video.con file, I get the black screen back to desktop too.

Good luck!

Comment

What resolution are you trying to play BF2 at? And does your monitor support that resolution/refresh rate?

Comment

Working...
                              X