Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: x800gto vs 6600 gt

its pci-e he has agp, read the thread!!

EDIT: on a sidenote what kind of settings and fps do u run at, death merchant?

Comment

GTO definately

Comment

Originally posted by Bio_Terra
        EDIT: on a sidenote what kind of settings and fps do u run at, death merchant?
        i have an nvidia 7800gt and its not running all that well at the moment

run on 1280x1024 high 4aa

used to get 60-80fps on 32 player maps
        around 55 on 64 player maps

now im getting around 40fps on 64 player maps
        60-70 on 32 player

duno why this is could be drivers patch or whatever

Comment

I could never trust Nvidia again after the 5xxx (FX) series. Anything upto GeForce 4 was excellant (for its time). Nvidia reli to heavily on driver optimisation and not the actual hardware itself. It was also found that Nvidia had been cutting corners to boost performance. I personally pick quality but others may think differently. Moneywise:

Speed: Nvidia

Quality: ATi

Comment

Originally posted by otester

have to agree with you there

Comment

Originally posted by otester
              Moneywise:

fixed

Speed + Quality: ATI

Comment

Originally posted by Death Merchant
                have to agree with you there
                OMFG, it's the first time i've ever seen this, a nvidia owner agree with what an ATi owner says (that's bad about nvidia). And i would have to agree with Wreck as well, with the X1900 series, but the only drawback is price, the cards can be somewhat pricey. Also, check newegg and look for 7900GTXs, there are none in stock lol. THey're suffering the same problem as the 7800GTX 512mb did, they couldn't produce enough, another problem for nvidia.

Comment

X800 GTO does NOT support shader 3.0 at all

i donno if it will make a dif or if new shader 3 games will be able to run by either cards but thats my little comment

Comment

Originally posted by ToneDog
                    X800 GTO does NOT support shader 3.0 at all

i donno if it will make a dif or if new shader 3 games will be able to run by either cards but thats my little comment
                    Well, I don't really see a difference using SM3 and the SM2 in BF2. It's a good card for the money you pay. Overclocks great. I think that SM right now is just used in marketing campaigns, there won't be much of a difference in performance - that is, until games finally start using SM3.

Comment

Originally posted by kaheiyeh
                      Well, I don't really see a difference using SM3 and the SM2 in BF2. It's a good card for the money you pay. Overclocks great. I think that SM right now is just used in marketing campaigns, there won't be much of a difference in performance - that is, until games finally start using SM3.
                      Th eonly reason u need SM 3.0 is to brag about ur 3dmark06 scores, since if u don't have SM 3.0, u won't get the SM 3.0 tests, and that lowers ur scorew by a LOT. That's why i have given up on 3dmark06 until i get a vid card with SM 3.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                        Th eonly reason u need SM 3.0 is to brag about ur 3dmark06 scores, since if u don't have SM 3.0, u won't get the SM 3.0 tests, and that lowers ur scorew by a LOT. That's why i have given up on 3dmark06 until i get a vid card with SM 3.0.
                        Agreed, the only marginal difference you'll see is in 3DMark06 scores.

Also, if you wanted to know, my 3DMark05 score is 4469 at stock and 5135 with OC (Link). Plays BF2 like a dream at all high.

Comment

Agreed, the only marginal difference you'll see is in 3DMark06 scores.

Also, if you wanted to know, my 3DMark05 score is 4469 at stock and 5135 with OC (Link). Plays BF2 like a dream at all high.
                          Wow, u did some nice overclocking if u upped ur score by over 600 points on 3dmark05. I got mine to like 5280 points on 3dmark05 with overclocking, stock around like 5090.

Comment

Wow, u did some nice overclocking if u upped ur score by over 600 points on 3dmark05. I got mine to like 5280 points on 3dmark05 with overclocking, stock around like 5090.
                            Heh, this thing overclocks like hell . Stock is 400/980 and it overclocks to 500/1000 with no artifacts. They only start appearing at 520/1400. Temps are also good on mine; idles at 36C and load is approx 52C. Love this card.

Comment

Heh, this thing overclocks like hell . Stock is 400/980 and it overclocks to 500/1000 with no artifacts. They only start appearing at 520/1400. Temps are also good on mine; idles at 36C and load is approx 52C. Love this card.
                              What OC did u use to get the OCed score u said for 3dmark05?

Comment

What OC did u use to get the OCed score u said for 3dmark05?
                                The 500/1000 OC got me the 5135 score. Just ran a test on the 520/1400 and got 5237 on 3dMark05.

Comment

Working...
                                X