Asus Deluxe+ATi Card Good Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Deluxe+ATi Card Good Or Not?

Hey guys Im about to upgrade my PC. And I was looking into getting the ASUS A8N Deluxe MotherBoard and running a ATi X850XT Sapphire Radeon. Well I was thinking since the Board comes with Nvidia Nforce is it a good idea to put the ATi Card together. Will I still get the max performance out of my Video card or will it be better to get a Nvidia Card since the Board is equipeted with the Nvidia Nforce. Basically my question is. Is it ok to run a ATI card on that board even though it has the Nforce????

Re: Asus Deluxe+ATi Card Good Or Not?

Yes an ATI card will run fine on that board. (simple answer)

Comment

Honestly the 7800gt is a better bang for the buck.

Comment

why would you get a SLi motherboard and a x850?? even if your gonna go SLi, wouldnt you wanna waste a bunch of money on a SLI card? or am i thinking of a different motherboard? anyways, it will work.

Comment

I have that setup. If you don't have the ATI card, then skip it and get either the 7800GT or GTX. I am actually replacing my X850XT PE as my TV-out doesn't work anymore.

Comment

It shouldn't be a problem, but I do wonder why you would use an ati card in a sli mobo.

Comment

Well I dont really like any other brand then ASUS I have had 2 Boards already and I like them. So I want to ge the Deluxe Board. Right now I have ASUS Board but its an AGP my PC was put together in 2003. And I have right now the Nvidia 6600 GTOC 128MB AGP. I like it just that the mother board is weak and so is my CPU 1.6GH!! SO thats why I want to upgrade and I wanted to get the X850XT PCI-E With the Asus A8N SLI Deluxe Board. Since the board is using Nvisia Chipset And I wanted to get the Radeon card, I wanted to know if its a good idea or not? I dont want to get another Nvidia card. This is my third Nvidia card that I have. I want ATi now and Forever.

Comment

Moved to hardware.

Comment

win win situation
                  Buy ASUS A8R-MVP 939 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 1600 ATX AMD CrossFire Motherboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Asus mobo but ULI chipset and crossfire ready.

Comment

Just get a 7800GT. There is NO reason to get a X850XT. Even an ATi fanboy would have trouble justifying that.

Comment

Yea watch newegg for some deals on the 7800GT, some grreat prices are flowing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir.BOBSONATOR025
                        Yea watch newegg for some deals on the 7800GT, some grreat prices are flowing around.
                        Ya, i think u can get a 7800GT for like 290 bucks now for the evga with copper heatsink (a very god 7800GT). The 7800GT is CHEAP, that's why it's so popular nowadays.

Comment

Dont know im still getting the X850XT I already had 2 Nvidia card. I want ATi now. The 6600GTOC I have now is good but I want to get out of AGP and go with ATi Express instead of Nvidia. PLus I just bought a new board and new CPU and Memory.

Comment

Originally posted by whitesti
                            Dont know im still getting the X850XT I already had 2 Nvidia card. I want ATi now. The 6600GTOC I have now is good but I want to get out of AGP and go with ATi Express instead of Nvidia. PLus I just bought a new board and new CPU and Memory.
                            Still, don't get that card, please for the love of god, don't get that card.

Comment

sorry im not made of Money! Plus this will suit me for along time of gaming to come Im not worried. I still own ppl on BF2

Comment

Working...
                              X