Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend a good beginners joystick

Hi,
    Yesterday I practiced flying on my own server (don't want to ruin your game with it). It went fairly good with the keyboard/mouse but I feel that a joystick would take it to another level.

This is the only game I play that could use a joystick. Do you have a recommendation of what joystick I shold buy? Keep it not too pricey, no simulator features is necessary, just good bf2 handling. I must be availably on the european/swedish market.

/ pauli77

Re: Please recommend a good beginners joystick

i dont understand why so many of u guys want to use joysticks to fly. i never tried them, but i do believe keyboard is better and more accurate.

Comment

I recomend the logitech extreme 3d pro. Great beginner Joystick.

While I agree the joystick is more difficult for choppers, it made my time in a jet alot more enjoyable.

Comment

Hmm. so you find it harder to fly the chopper with joystick? I haven't tried, but I with the mouse, I missed a distinct neutral position (like letting the joystick go I guess). Hope you understand what I mean. But hey - if its good for flying the planes it is still worth its price

Comment

I second the recommendation for the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro, it is the best joystick I've ever used (and I've used my fair share).

Comment

With the chopper, the joystick makes it alot more maneuverable but in my opinion it also makes it harder to aim. With lots of practice you can master it, the best chpper pilot I have ever known uses a joystick(the logitech etreme 3d pro now that I think of it.)

I went back to my mouse for choppers, but I have no regrets buying a joystick.

Comment

The problem with a mouse is that you have to continally slide it along to turn, with a joystick you get max turn all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
                i dont understand why so many of u guys want to use joysticks to fly. i never tried them, but i do believe keyboard is better and more accurate.
                Same, just use a keyboard, personal preference. In the end its really what suits your flying style best.

Comment

logitech extreme 3d pro

Comment

Thank you for your recommendation! I just ordered a logitech extreme 3d pro and another gig ram. Hope it will boost the game play

Comment

That's just it. A mediocre joystick pilot will stomp a good keyboard pilot any day. One fun manuever I use to get you mouse pilots off my ass is turning. You see, I can hold a full turn with maybe some rudder and changing alititude a little for hours at a time. You have to pick up and move the mouse just to complete a single 360. It has nothing to do with flying style, joysticks have a distinct advantage. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating.

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                      I second the recommendation for the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro, it is the best joystick I've ever used (and I've used my fair share).

This guy knows what he's talking about, and I too have this joystick. It's pretty great, for beginners to pros. Once this one bites the bullet (I've heard from many that it has a short life-span) I plan on getting the cyborg evo.

I actually use my joystick for choppers too, and I find it very helpful there also. I very rarely lose 1-on-1 faceoffs with other choppers, In the cobra I can go up and point the nose 90 degrees down and get enough missiles off then pull up.

Comment

logitech attack 3

Comment

It's simple:
                          A joystick is an analog device with lots of degrees in it's movment. The keyboard is a digital device with only on and off. What this means is that with the keyboard you've got no ability to make fine ajustments and you can't make smooth transitions.

Say you want to do a very tight turn. No big deal on the keyboard since it's only got full turn or no turn. But what happens when you want to make a looser, longer turn? There's no way to make it smooth.

Finnally, it's just a much more natural interface. There's a reason that joysticks exist in every cockpit of every plane.

On the flipside, I do find mouse control for helocopters to be just fine.

Comment

Tried a Saitek Cyborg Evo, and i still prefer to use 100% keyboard for jets and heli's. Just can't get the hang of it!

Comment

I have a saitek ST290 pro and its soo kickass

Comment

Working...
                              X