[Benchmark] Audigy2 vs X-fi Fatal1ty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [Benchmark] Audigy2 vs X-fi Fatal1ty

We shall see. I'm getting it more for the added functionality and also for the better performance/abilities.

Comment

I wasn't too impressed with what people said about the extra features of the fatal1ty card. The ram could potentially give a major advantage in the future, but ATM it seems like it's not doing much. I went ahead and ordered the X-FI XtremeMusic (there is no way I'm paying 300$ for a sound card). Should be getting it this week....

Comment

Sorry but no FPS benefit is had over the Audigy2 but better sound quality is the benefit.

Comment

Danish beer is the best. We've got Tuborg & Carlsberg!

Though I have to admit that Heineken.. Jum jum.

Comment

Originally posted by neo265
            Sorry but no FPS benefit is had over the Audigy2 but better sound quality is the benefit.
            I will be analyzing both aspects....if your read the first post I clearly stated this.

Comment

Got my X-Fi today, sounds awesome. Big improvement over the Audigy 2 Value. BTW, although there have been issues on some Nforce4 boards with XtremeMusic and Plat boards, I can report that my DFi is fine and no probs here.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikneedle
                Got my X-Fi today, sounds awesome. Big improvement over the Audigy 2 Value. BTW, although there have been issues on some Nforce4 boards with XtremeMusic and Plat boards, I can report that my DFi is fine and no probs here.
                Good to hear. I should get mine Friday as it shipped on Wednesday. Either way the results will be posted sometime this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                  According to Creative those who put the top two models into their systems (the Fatal1ty and Platinum Pro series cards) saw a 20% increase in FPS.....that was their claim (maybe not exact in the numbers but close).

I will test it. I work for a computer company so I get it pretty cheap (sorry no deals for anyone, discount = me only).
                  Ha! My friend works at Best Buy, so I get his discount, though I wouldn't call BB a comp store, since the people who work in that section in the store I go to are f*cking idiots

Comment

Haha, well like I said I worded it oddly I guess. Our store has very knowledgable people in it from what I can tell. Most of us are deep into computers, we all build our own, and most of us play BF2 lol.

And technically you don't get your friends discount.....thats considered taboo in the company and he can get fired for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
                      Haha, well like I said I worded it oddly I guess. Our store has very knowledgable people in it from what I can tell. Most of us are deep into computers, we all build our own, and most of us play BF2 lol.

And technically you don't get your friends discount.....thats considered taboo in the company and he can get fired for it.
                      I guess they feel that way where you work, but everyone we asked in the store said it was okay, plus I almost never buy there. Your store must be the exception, cause I have never seen anyone in the computer section who actually knew what they were doing.

Comment

Until my Audigy 2 ZS dies and I get a damn good speaker system, I wont touch X-FI. Also, that xram on the high-end models seems niffy, but until I see quite a few games take advantage, I dont think its worth it.

I think a better question is, is there a big enough sound quality difference that it is worth the justified price? I love my current sound card, and it does what it needs to do, which is produce damn good sound and also take some load off my CPU.

Comment

Well I will be testing it on 2 sets of speakers! I will be testing both cards on both Logitech Z5300e speakers, and Logitech Z5500 speakers! w00t.

Comment

damn....thats nice speakers but who the hell needs 500watts ? I can't ever put mine at 100 if i do my neighbors comme and scream.. lol!

Comment

man, king how much did the x-fi cost with ur discount?

Comment

Dutch beer heineken is de best but i like stella the best its a nice good old british brew

Comment

Working...
                                X