The Ultimate gaming machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate gaming machine....

I'm upgrading part of my system this week to the ultimate altar of pure BF2 geekdom. And yes, as this person has no life these days, then may I waive all rites to everything else in life but to one thing, and one thing only:
    Bask in the envy of all other BF2'ers, for wo to thee who will come across me on the battlefield after this. Yes, you can flame if you will, but it will...not... matter. For indeed, I will look like that guy in the old Memorex commercials when he turns on the stereo, hair blown back, when I turn this computer on. I currently don't get calls from NASA when their computer's down, asking to borrow mine!! Yet now...it will now be so......

(Forgive me, but I'm in Houston/Galveston waiting out this stupid hurricane Rita, so I've been stranded in the house for five days with cabin fever...and still there!!)

Here it is (on a u-shaped video editing desk):
    CENTER of U:
    Intel Pentium Extreme Edition Dual Core Processor with HT Technology (800MHz FSB, 2MB cache), overclocked in the BIOS to 3.40GHz and 3.60GHz
    The NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI X16 MCP with two full-bandwidth 16-lane PCI-Express support for multi-GPUs
    Dual Nvidia 7800 graphics cards
    2GB Dual channel DDR2-667MHz SDRAM
    10,000 RPM Scuzzy harddrive seperate from the original drive.
    This is strapped to triple 19" flat screen monitors.
    Surround sound bose speakers.
    The BIOS, the RAM chipchipsets, as well as the video cards themselves will be overclocked to max past normal temp.
    Two 500W power supplies
    Because it will run so hot, I'll have a Vapor chill II box, with the 6" wide hose cut directly into the side of the case, chilling it via an internal liquid chill system along will dual oversized fans as back-up.

RIGHT SIDE OF U:
    It's networked to a second PC with triple monitors with 1.5 Terabytes of harddrive with windows media edition which is hooked to a 60" flat screen TV for instant playing of over 1000 movies

LEFT SIDE OF U:
    It's also networked to two (each) Apple G5 dual processors computers with each having 8 GIG RAM (yeah, you heard it), this hooked to a rack-mount 1.5 terabyte Raid hard drive with 2 gig optical dual channel I/O, with 512 cache. The apples sport dual 23" HD cinema screens.

Well, I'll be able to report to you guys when this last part is complete what the benchmark will be. It's gotta be kickass.
    By the way, if you noticed your house lights flickered, that was me rebooting....ouch. LOL

Re: The Ultimate gaming machine....

What did it cost? I think the main computer, the one you mention and I presume use to play games, should have 4 Gig RAM to really impress us.

Comment

Wtf man, i am currently running a charity in honour of me, please donate seeing as you have so damn much money to spend it's not funny.

I wouldn't leave my desk either if i was you. Convert your seat into a toilet and have a minifridge under the desk and well.... live there.

Comment

Yeh, why should we donate so you can build this fantabulous contraptionamary device?

Comment

Christ, makes mine sound very very very sh*t lol. M8 u really need 2 get out more lol .

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by ledbythereaper
            Yeh, why should we donate so you can build this fantabulous contraptionamary device?
            It was a joke, i'm not really running a charity. I was trying to tell him he's got to much money.

Comment

If I can fit 4 GIG of RAM on it, I'l'l do it (but only for bragging rights ). I was under the impression that it maxes out at 2 GIG. Even if it doesn't, the extra two GIG of RAM will not improve the performance that much. The bottleneck right now is in the BUS and Video card capacities. A good example is that I've got an old Nvideo 5950 card, with 2 GIG of RAM on a 3GH processor and the Scuzzy 10,000 drive. Pretty fast computer, right? When I checked on 3D Mark, my computer tested at 5 frames per second (which is extreme slow motion) with a score of 1350 (between 1-10,000)...not good.
              For the unknowing, 3D Mark is a website that tests your computer with Far Cry, Half-Life 2, and Doom3 with all the levels turned on. Up until the 7800, most people still couldn't crank up ALL of the settings without a glitchy screen.
              Well, some guy had a 1GH, 512 MB RAM computer (1/4 of what I have), but he had a Nvideo 6800. He clocked 5x faster at 5400 and 29 frames per second. Standard movies project at 24 frames per second, while HD sometimes does 30 FPS.
              So there be-lies the bottleneck...RAM had nothing to do with it in this case. One guy with an overclocked Nvideo 7800 clocked at 7500...This new machine will probably hit 10,000, which has been rumored to be hit by some extreme gamers machines. As far as the cost, I already own everything listed but the newer motherboard, chipset, the Vapor Chill and the dual video cards, so I think about $3,000.

Comment

Fool. You could do much better for that price.

Comment

Really? Well, let's see, the Vaporchill II liquid chilling system costs about $850.00. Each Nvideo 7800 cards cost about $400 each. Then the motherboard for about $180.00. That leaves $1,100 for the dual power supplies, Duel Core Processor Intell Chipset, and the larger case with dual over-sized fans. Am I missing something about the price...."fool" is an awfully strong word.

Comment

Don't be insulted, my dear gentlefool.

Comment

Originally posted by DanOfEarth
                      I'm upgrading part of my system this week to the ultimate altar of pure BF2 geekdom. And yes, as this person has no life these days, then may I waive all rites to everything else in life but to one thing, and one thing only:
                      Bask in the envy of all other BF2'ers, for wo to thee who will come across me on the battlefield after this. Yes, you can flame if you will, but it will...not... matter. For indeed, I will look like that guy in the old Memorex commercials when he turns on the stereo, hair blown back, when I turn this computer on. I currently don't get calls from NASA when their computer's down, asking to borrow mine!! Yet now...it will now be so......

(Forgive me, but I'm in Houston/Galveston waiting out this stupid hurricane Rita, so I've been stranded in the house for five days with cabin fever...and still there!!)

CENTER of U:
                      Intel Pentium Extreme Edition Dual Core Processor with HT Technology (800MHz FSB, 2MB cache), overclocked in the BIOS to 3.40GHz and 3.60GHz
                      The NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI X16 MCP with two full-bandwidth 16-lane PCI-Express support for multi-GPUs
                      The BIOS, the RAM chipchipsets, as well as the video cards themselves will be overclocked to max past normal temp.
                      Two 500W power supplies
                      Because it will run so hot, I'll have a Vapor chill II box, with the 6" wide hose cut directly into the side of the case, chilling it via an internal liquid chill system along will dual oversized fans as back-up.

RIGHT SIDE OF U:
                      It's networked to a second PC with triple monitors with 1.5 Terabytes of harddrive with windows media edition which is hooked to a 60" flat screen TV for instant playing of over 1000 movies

LEFT SIDE OF U:
                      It's also networked to two (each) Apple G5 dual processors computers with each having 8 GIG RAM (yeah, you heard it), this hooked to a rack-mount 1.5 terabyte Raid hard drive with 2 gig optical dual channel I/O, with 512 cache. The apples sport dual 23" HD cinema screens.

Well, I'll be able to report to you guys when this last part is complete what the benchmark will be. It's gotta be kickass.
                      By the way, if you noticed your house lights flickered, that was me rebooting....ouch. LOL
                      For ultimate gaming machine I'd never run a intel (although I own 2 1 video editing machine and other my laptop :P).

I run a fx57 with 4gig ram 10k raid-0 drives instead of SCSI and the obligitory SLI 7800 GTX.

Take a few pics because that is some serious cash spent that I have to figure a) it's bulls**t
                      b) you're daddys lil rich kid .. im sure that if you can afford that you have a digital camera and your own website to host the pictures.

Only reason I can do it, is that I have half my computer equipment paid for from work and I get VAT free equipment too (vat is a UK tax thing).

I hope to see your benchmarks .. if they are below 11.5k (3dmakr2003) then I wouldn't even bother replying

Comment

It will be my pleasure to kill you with my Sempron 3100+.

Computers only take one so far. A sucky player will still be a sucky player

Comment

Originally posted by DanOfEarth

CENTER of U:
                          Two 500W power supplies

RIGHT SIDE OF U:

LEFT SIDE OF U:

U made 1 mistake. U got P4 when u ould have got AMD fx57
                          My friend Trigger Happy got the exact same system as u.

Comment

I have just recently built a system almost the same as DanOfEarth is talking about i have bought a p4 lga775 "640" 3.2Ghz @ 3.8Ghz 2MB cache cpu, dual MSI 7800GTX cards, MSI P4N Dimond Mobo, 2x 1gig Kingmax ddr2 667Mhz ram, 320gig sata segate and 120gig sata segate, thermaltake bigtyphoon copper heatpype cpu cooler, thermaltake 560w purepower PSU, LG 19" LCD DVI monitor, Fusion HDTV Tunercard, Coolermaster CM Stacker case. As is with just a Oc'ed cpu i got 10k on 3D Mark 05 still havent oced video cards. i can play FarCry, BF2, HL2, CSS, Doom3 all on max graphics no probs. so by the sounds of it u dont need half of that **** u said about and are just trying 2 look good or u r really rich. My System has cost me $5500 AU. so i would like to see how much your system cost and i have pics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Annihilator
                              U got P4 when u ould have got AMD fx57
                              I'm no expert but ^what he said...

Comment

Working...
                              X