AMD or Intel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD or Intel?

ok im upgradeing my current system, and im getting a new motherboard. But i was thinking about useing this opportunity to switch over to AMD. But for me to do this i would obviusly need a new cpu, mother board, and ram. Thats alot of money. so should i stick with my p4 3.2 and get a new motherboard, or should i spend the extra and get a better gaming system with AMD (i would get the 4000 clawhammer, asus socket 939 sli deluxe, and corsair/crucial/or OCZ ram)

Re: AMD or Intel?

A M D owns intel for games, is by a HUGE margine as well. if anyone tells you that intel is better for gamers, the have no idea what they are talking about

search the interent for comparisons, comprable AMD chips will destroy INTEL ones if framerate and performance everytime.

the only place where INTEL wins is multi-tasking, which is why i opted for a dual-core athlon, best of both worlds baby!

Comment

AMD all the way in my book

I switched to AMD a few years ago and never looked back

Comment

celeron all the WAY!!!:laugh:

Comment

is it worth the lots of extra money though, and what about just the ddr ram and not the ddr2?

Comment

worth the extra money? last time i checked AMD chips were cheaper than their Intel counter-parts, not to mention faster. for the price that you pay for an Intel chip, you can get a faster AMD chip so why bother with Intel?

Comment

AMD all the way.... it outdoes intel by FAR for gaming and if your gaming you dont really need to be multitasking. Even if you do, AMD best choise.

Comment

AMD. 'nuff said.

~Salad

Comment

Don't buy Clawhammer. Buy Venice core. It's much better, and uses less power, so it won't get as hot. Venice is the newest one if you don't want to go Dual-core.
                  Currently, best proc out there = AMD X2 3800+, clocking in at $380.00

Comment

Very silly question. AMD ofcourse!

AMD: For hardcore gamers, casual gamers, people who thought it might be a budget chip
                    Intel: For families, uneducated people, people who think expensive means better

Comment

AMD by far mate.

Comment

AMD it roxxorz teh big 11 eleventyseventhousand billion!!!!!!!1111232413221321321 w000t0rz f3r t3h AMD athelon

it r 1337

SP4mm4g3!

Comment

Intel....

Not.

Go with the AMD.

Comment

AMD all the way........

Comment

Theres no contest, im on a college for computer science, IT, software engineering, etc, NO one uses intel here. Not one person.

Comment

Working...
                              X