• Re: What's your 3DMark score?

12,286 on 3dmark06 @ 1024x768
      using

C2D E6700 (2.6GHz, 1066fsb)
      Geforce GTX 280 (stock)
      2GB DDR2 PC4200

Comment

16, 636 in 3DMark06. Stock settings for 3DMark06.

Quad Core Q6600 OC at 3.0Ghz
        EVGA 9800GX2 OC to 725/1798/1101 (x2)
        2GB DDR2 RAM

Comment

Originally posted by Xylaquin
          12,286 on 3dmark06 @ 1024x768
          using

C2D E6700 (2.6GHz, 1066fsb)
          Geforce GTX 280 (stock)
          2GB DDR2 PC4200
          Dude, that's very low. That RAM and CPU is seriously strangling the GPU. Overclock your CPU to 3.4ghz and get some faster RAM, PC6400 at least. It's not expensive.

Comment

I don't want to overclock tbh, I'm not even sure if I can actually do that anyway :laugh:

My mobo's max FSB is 1066 and max mem speed is PC4200, so I can't buy any new ram without buying a new motherboard. And if I buy a new motherboard then I'd have to buy a new CPU since nearly all motherboards with a certain speed of ram are more than 1066 FSB, and I'm not keen on putting a 1066 FSB cpu in a faster FSB board.

That probably sounds crazy, but I spent quite a lot on my CPU and I've only had it 6 months.

Comment

All you have to do is increase the FSB slightly, you could do 3.0ghz without touching voltages.

335 x 9 = 3.0ghz

335mhz (FSB) x 9 (multiplier (default)) = 3.0ghz (CPU speed)

You can't break a CPU by overclocking unless you're silly with voltages, but you don't need to even touch them to get a 3.0ghz. If you want help PM or IM me.

Comment

I get about 12,500 3dmarks with my setup

Comment

my multiplier seems to be 10. In the BIOS the max I can set it to be is:

300 x 10 = 3GHz

However, upon doing this the computer would boot and say "NTLDR is missing". So I reclocked it back to default. I've never been keen on overclocking anyway, even if it is perfectly normal and safe. (you must want to throttle me for saying that )

Comment

Did you build this PC yourself?

Comment

Yes, I started with a budget off-the shelf PC and upgraded it over time. Here's a timeline:

The first 3 years I only spent in January because I got money from Christmas and my birthday a fortnight after. However I got a job 3 months ago, and the last two weeks I did a hell load of overtime and decided to heck with it.

Comment

My latest score with my new cards

Comment

Comment

everything stock: i got 10794

With the tiniest overclock on teh CPU from 3.0Ghz to 3.15Ghz score increased to:11038

Now im gonna try and get a gradual overclock..And then install CCC so i can overclokc teh crap outta my gfx card...

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsent View Post
                              everything stock: i got 10794

With the tiniest overclock on teh CPU from 3.0Ghz to 3.15Ghz score increased to:11038

Now im gonna try and get a gradual overclock..And then install CCC so i can overclokc teh crap outta my gfx card...
                              Is the 3870 more powerful than an 8800gt?

Be sure to post the individual graphics and CPU scored from 3dmark, i'm interested.

Comment

Im not sure...i've just got the cpu at 3.37Ghz atm and running Orthos and i have to download CCC with drivers then reboot clean etc...So i'll get back to you at the end of the day with some GPU and CPU scores

Edit:Update

Just got 11151 With CPU at 3.375Ghz

Looks like i got a bad batch...My CPU wont go to 380FSB on stock voltages.... It loads into windows but 2 seconds in Orthos fails...Hmpf

Comment

Working...
                                X