Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are gamers falling behind in gaming hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are gamers falling behind in gaming hardware?

I seem to think that gamers are not catching up to the new technology thats being presented. Thanks to this servey by valve and for a member name ud!t for reminding me about the current servey by valve, it shows the percentage of what current gamers are using as far as gpus, cpus, and Ram. http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html
    And from what i have studed majority of pc users don't even have beyond 512mb of ram and are still playing on dated gpus. From what i am seeing there are a large percentage of people this servey that can only play bf2 at low settings or not at all :hmm: . What do u think about this.........?

edit: oh yeah it seems that 500,000+ users were included in this servey

Most people that use Steam only play Counter Strike.

Comment

i dont think that is true,if u r a true pc gamer ur pc will be maxed out

Comment

You must have never played cs before cause most of them are extremely dedicated gamers and this servey was done off mostly cs and cs:s users or pretty much anyone who has half life or half life 2

Comment

Yeah, the requirements for Counter-Strike 1.6 and even Counter-Strike Source aren't very high and many people only play Counter-Strike.

Comment

but think about it this way how many people also have half life 2 who are currently members of this forum. probably almost all of us at least i know i have it. Which means this servey is alot more expansive than u think because u have to have steam in order to play half life 2 also.

Comment

If they had a survey for BF2, you wouldn't have made this thread. Alot of people (including myself) upgraded alot or bought a whole new system just to be up to date for this game.

Comment

i hope u actually don't believe every one can afford to upgrade there pc cause of this game most people who have bf2 are probably playing on low settings. And I think if they did a servey on bf2 u would see most of the players playing on low end cards.

Comment

I never seen to be spot on with the specs I always have something failing me at the moment I have 512mb got a 6800GT but obviously newer better cards are out.
                  PC Gaming is just too expensive work all week to buy a graphics card :hmm:
                  Got billes to pay food to buy and trying to keep up with expensive gucci items for gaming on PC getting abit silly now.
                  Dont get me wrong I prefer PC's over consoles but if any of us have a good social life you won't be able to pay for a decent rig.

Comment

why do you wann buy a better graphic card ??? Many of us ( me included) bought months ago a cpu who support 64bit technoligy . wheres my 64bit- OS ???

I still have a 6800GT and play on low, cuz i dont need a new colourflash i need a running game . I will see the enemy i dont care how many Coconuts hanging on a tree.

Comment

anyone who can drop over 1500 on a computer either has to much money or too little life

Comment

Originally posted by SmilingRaccoon
                        anyone who can drop over 1500 on a computer either has to much money or too little life
                        You forgot one: they know how to budget their money.

Comment

about hardware
                          check this guy:

Comment

holy crap, 4 CPUs!!!!! some1 is using their dads server...

Comment

Originally posted by Stripper_Clown
                              You forgot one: they know how to budget their money.
                              well not really i meant the people who would spend that much money on a gaming computer are either hardcore gamers or have nouf money not to care, budget would imply your a gamer since in the long run your still putting that much money into something for playing games. sorry if ya thought i meant non gaming computers tho, i can see people dropping that much into a work computer for stuff like video editing.

Comment

Working...
                              X