Steam gift card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam gift card issue

Been looking around Google but havent found anything and was wondering if any of you fellas have come across this, i purchased a $20USD steam card and activated it successfully.

Now the issue comes when purchasing a game, i add the game to cart proceed to checkout and well it does not show me the proper payment method all i get is the page with the credit card info but i want to purchase the game using the gift card, anything im doing wrong? I cant for the life of me figure it out.

You added a game to your cart and then hit "purchase for myself", right? It should then take you to the payment method screen with a drop down menu.

You can select "My Steam Wallet" from that, which should have your funds on it. If what you are purchasing is more than what is available in your wallet, it'll need the credit card for that I guess.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	1
Size:	661.5 KB
ID:	3376547

Click image for larger version

Name:	1233.png
Views:	1
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	3376548

Comment

Yeah i click on Purchase for myself which then takes me to payment method and the payment method from the drop down shows me only the listed options in the picture without the option of my steam wallet. Bought a 20 dollar card the game is 6 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
          Yeah i click on Purchase for myself which then takes me to payment method and the payment method from the drop down shows me only the listed options in the picture without the option of my steam wallet. Bought a 20 dollar card the game is 6 bucks.
          The closest thing I could find was this Steam Community discussion where someone else seems to have had the same issue: https://steamcommunity.com/discussio...8030654175022/

Seems like some issue with currency? I see you're trying to buy ARMA: Cold War Assault and it's listed in USD in the image but your currency is in GBP. Maybe that has something to do with it? A few replies there suggested contacting Steam support if your regional settings all check out.

Comment

Thanks for that, ill look into it on that thread you linked and mess around further with the account details section, other than that ill try steam support. Thanks for the assist bud

Comment

No problem, good luck!

Comment

Okay,

I know thread is old but never got around to working on it as i hit a whirlwind of crap since and had to deal with a multitude of shit. Anyways finally back and can concentrate on this issue, looked at the steam thread again, created a support account and sent a question to the support fellas at Steam and got a ticket, looks to be a change of country/currency issue hopefully it will be resolved soon as the Steam Support sees my ticket. Thanks again Zips

Comment

UPDATE - SOLVED

Steam support changed my country of residence for me thus changing the currency to my region, managed to purchase CoH2 DLC from steam wallet funds. Steam support is good, they may take a while to respond but in the end they procure results and thats more than i can say for other support teams.

Thanks again Zips

Comment

I had the exact same problem when I was in Poland! I too solved it by opening a support ticket and they requested me a living certificate to prove I was actually in Poland and not trying to take advantage of their currency (where the price was actually the same as in Euro, and most of the time is).

Comment

ahahaha, In Bahrain its in USD which is far cheaper than pounds when converted to local dinars lol

Comment

Working...
                      X