Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Videogame You Have Ever Played.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Videogame You Have Ever Played.

Do you remember the very first videogame you played? Or the couple first ones?

This question came to my head because a friend recently mentioned:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lion-king-ss3.gif
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	3376612

I think this was the first game I ever played (In my cousins house and PC). I'm not sure it was the first game I ever played as it was actually released a little after I was born, so I remember playing it when I was, maybe already around 7 years old, but I also remember playing Lemmings and Claw. I know Claw was my favorite though. I never actually managed to finish Claw or The lion king, I guess I would still suck at them If I tried to play them now.

What about you?
    Last edited by jimykx; 04-11-2015, 12:58 PM.

I think it was breakout on the Atari 2600.

Comment

hmm not counting in Arcade coin slot games then it would be my moms PC, it had this racing game before moving on to PGA golf and Normandy (an RTS game)

Comment

I'm not sure of the first, but my first online game was the original Quake. From then on, I was hooked to online multiplayer.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I dont remember what was my first online game. maybe CS 1.6

Comment

My first online game was Doom which I played against a friend over dial up. My first serious foray into online gaming was Medal Of Honor: Spearhead.

Comment

My first serious was definitely BF2 and SAMP. Only at that time I owned my own computer with an internet connection.

Comment

It's probably Bubble Bobble, Dig Dug, or Spy Hunter

Name:	Bubble_Bobble_-_1986_-_Taito.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	3376539

Name:	spy_hunter.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	3376540
                "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Has to be something on the Intellivision or the Commodore 64 since we had both before ever getting an NES.

For the Intellivision it was Burger Time (though we had a good number of games for the Intellivision, sadly I cannot remember them).

For the Commodore 64, one of the games I remember the most are some Fisher Price games. One of them (I think there were at least three) was a firetruck rescue game. One of them was some music game that I didn't much care for. The third one was being a school bus driver.

Comment

Hahahah, games surely have come a long way. I can't possibly imagine what they will be like in the next 30 years.

Comment

^ fully integrated chips in your head, everything is virtual the Keyboard and Mouse is non existent. all you do is close your eyes and a Steam console like menu opens and you use your closed retinas to choose what you want to play, your brain is your rig basically. Extra hard disk space costs because you'll need additional chips installed in your head which is painful but painless if you choose to be drugged during the process (which costs a little extra) alternatively you can have the chips installed in your arms but will work slower because the ones installed in your head is considered faster than SSD drives and in arms are just regular disk drives and since they are far from the head they are quite slow experiencing slow load time in your games and some lag maybe.

The gfx, procs, mobo is all the head relying on the brain, so if you are quite imaginative then chances are you have quite the rig in your head when the vritualchip is installed but if you are a boring person with no imagination whatsoever the chip installed in your head would be ineffective so you would have to have a sort of emulation device installed in your brain which is considered a hack, illegal and painful procedure.

anyways hope this helps. Here's a potato for your troubles. Potato is a lie.
                      Last edited by Eagle101; 04-19-2015, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Hahahahah, so Deus Ex style.
                        I do expect there to be a pretty advanced universal "Virtual Reality" sort of thing. I'm not sure how it will work out for us and our virtual reality headsets now, since we have so many different ones (The Oculus, the Steam one, the Microsoft one, the sony one....) and games have to sort of be "optimized" of each one of them, and that kinda sucks.

Comment

Personally i like the idea of Occulus (or any other VR game device) but its good to play for maybe an hour or so not a complete replacement for a desktop. Not now anyways.

Comment

one piece online video game

One Piece is my favorite video game, so fun so good, I've been playing.

JoyGames offers RPG games like One Piece Online and One Piece 2: Pirate King. Join us and experience ultimate battle and treasure hunt, who is the pirates king?

Comment

Originally posted by Bekker View Post
                              One Piece is my favorite video game, so fun so good, I've been playing.
                              I trust you'll be around more than just to promote that game/site...

Comment

Working...
                              X