4G LTE vs Home Broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4G LTE vs Home Broadband

Hey fellas what do you think on this? Im planning on a second internet connection for my room so that i can have a dedicated internet connection rather than bieng ont he home shared network, id like to have my own personal wifi but was wondering what you fellas thought on 4G LTE vs Home Broadband or am i missing something here?

It all depends what is in your area and the speeds offered.

My personal opinion 4G should be a last resort thing. The delay times and spottiness is high and it also depends on the limits of your carrier and contract.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I've always had better service with a good wireless router and using my home network (cable), even on my phone. 4G LTE has always been questionable as far as quality of service is concerned.

Comment

I had doubts when my friends told me to get 4G as all of them use it on their cell phones only, i think this was just a question i had, im sold on home broadband far more than 4g tbqh, looks like im going wireless router. cheers fellas

Comment

A little something to read:

Comcast keeps on claiming that mobile broadband is real competition for wired home broadband. But for most users, it’s just plain not. Not only is the speed and reliability of mobile broadban…
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Hey Signa, i read the article bro, what i am opting for is a $G home broadband, my friend brought his over and i was impressed, and he's only paying 20 Dinars which is $53 USD and that is cheap...quite cheap lol he was gettink around 700k download speed and higher while my connectiong maxes to a 300 or 320 if lucky. He brought his 4G router to my home to check it out at my location. I am pretty convinced.

Heres the link, scroll down to 4G LTE Broadband Plans

Comment

I didn't take into account your location. wireless speeds here in the US are pathetic and costly.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Okay my friend lent me his 4G LTE router, its pretty cool it has its own sim chip in it so no need for a phone line to the wall now to the good part i get anywhere from 1MB to 5MB download speed on Steam, Origin, Internet etc as well as no noticeable lag while playing online, pretty much sold on this than the dumb router spewing out only 250kb to 320 kb dl speed lol anywas case closed, getting the 4g router.

Also interesting enough the company Zain which is a relabeled MTC Vodafone has a comm tower behind our house so needless to say reception is off the hook
                Last edited by Eagle101; 12-05-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Here in the US we have data caps which is stupid IMO. The last cable internet I had was capped at 300Gb per month and if you go over that they charge you $10 per 10 Gb. The internet I am on now is $45 per month and has no data cap but it is only up to speeds of 7 Mbps. I live out in the country.

Comment

Yeah data cap, the package i want is 250GB (53USD per month), they offer a 1 Terabyte data cap package at 40 dinars ($USD 106 per month) which is also lucrative as 40 dinars is no biggie but i have experimented with the 250gb and found it to be fine but 1TB sounds awesome

It sucks that you get charged every 10gb, here they dont charge the net just slows down

Comment

I found out don't stream Netflix in HD when on a data cap lol. Unless I was downloading huge files like games from Steam during a particular month then I never came close to the data cap.

Comment

Working...
                      X