The "LOL MICROSOFT" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "LOL MICROSOFT" thread

I hesitate to make this as actual news since it's essentially 1. Not really gaming related per se and 2. Painting another site in a poor light (even if I do largely detest Polygon's obviously biased/skewed hit seeking reviews)

Yeah, its too bad we cant see the entire episodes. Its not right to delete or edit sections of comments.

Speaking of comments, the articles comments go right into fanboyism and name calling. Kinda makes the entire point.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

So this happened http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...nitoring_this/

Reddit even found users that made accounts the day after the XBone reveal that have posted nothing but positive XBone comments, literally nothing else.

Comment

I don't give a damn about the Xbox One but I get "Armchair Detective" flags from that post TBH. /r/Hailcorporate is also one of the worst subs for that (it was linked in one of the top comments)

Comment

Man, the gaming industry took a huge dive after it became a multi-billion dollar industry.

I don't doubt it at all that MS (and others) hire people to prop their wares. Its too much money lost. I really believe its a big reason PC declines. We dont have a PC lobby group to hand over cash to a lot of people while you have huge corporations that have to make millions on a game just for the dev team to stay employed.

There are also good reasons for big corporations to support games, dont get me wrong, but when stuff like this happens it just really messes it up for the customer/gamer.

Comment

HOOOOOOOOOO BOY... It just keeps getting better.

I mentioned the other day that I was hearing rumors of Microsoft throwing around a considerable amount of money to have publishers only show games on the Xbox One during E3. Most people dismissed my admittedly flakey news as 'that's what always happens.'

I've talked to more people since then though and this isn't the usual jostling for publishers on stage that happens at E3. Microsoft is throwing BIG money around to reverse course on idea that they aren't a games console. The rumors are that PS4 versions of multiplats, by those who do take the money, won't be shown AT ALL. Not on stage and not on the show floor.

I don't feel bad for Sony because business is business. I'm sure they will find a way to have a decent show... or they will have to recover afterwards. That's not really my concern.

Now, there's no need to take my word on this if you don't want to. But do keep an eye on E3 next week. With them buying up everything in sight and now potentially cutting an open roundtable out(to assumedly talk one on one with friendly press) and word that finding multiplat games on the ps4 on the show floor will be much harder than anticipated.... just keep an eye on it. Maybe my sources are wrong. But I feel confident enough in this info to share it.

I'm not saying to jump to conclusions. I'm just saying it may be something to keep an eye on.

Comment

I've also changed the name of this thread.

Comment

These also need to make part of this Thread:
                (the one that was shared by zips)

(I believe nobody shared this one here before)

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

My thought is the people complaining have a point.

The idea is to show your product at E3 as best as possible, I get that. The problem is that it will NEVER be that good. It can't. It's already limited. It's not like Colonial Marines where they take it down all the way. One day that game COULD be as good as they made it look like it was going to be. Xbone (which I think is dumb that they make it sound like bone, which is becoming boner :teehee: ) will not get better hardware.

That's my take on it. I don't plan to purchase a console anytime soon, but if I was, this is bait-n-switch for me. You never saw what the new xbox could possibly do.

But, you have people blow it off like, "oh, that's just bait-n-switch, everyone does it and no big deal."

Comment

Oddly enough the way Microsoft is running the marketing parallels modern day political campaigns. Padding positive posts online and through social networks. Then ignore or downplay any negative feedback, while placating to the masses that just see what the marketing says it will do.
                      "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi. We're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital 'A', huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold! But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt." -John Winger (Bill Murray) Stripes

Comment

Working...
                      X