Help again, website maker program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help again, website maker program

Hello my tech savy friends ! I was wondering if anyone knows a program I can buy that makes templates or layouts for webpages. I'd like a simple one so if anyone can recommend one for me. Im going to use it to make a personal info homepage. Thanks in advance!

Open source software which you can use to easily create a beautiful website, blog, or app.

Comment

Anything better than wordpress? The fact that a lot of sites use it make me feel like it's way too "mainstream". I would like to find something more original

Comment

You can customize the hell out of it either by making your own design or premade ones. Look at some of these examples you probably had no idea were Wordpress sites: http://wordpress.org/showcase/
        WordPress is no longer just a blogging tool, as these brilliant examples of WordPress websites demonstrate.

And you aren't Redink...

Comment

I know, but I have a common want for that knowledge xD. Thanks for sharing those, most wordpress sites do look really fresh and smooth

Comment

Originally posted by RedInk
            Hello my tech savy friends ! I was wondering if anyone knows a program I can buy that makes templates or layouts for webpages. I'd like a simple one so if anyone can recommend one for me. Im going to use it to make a personal info homepage. Thanks in advance!
            Are you looking to make some static non-changing pages that you upload to a host or webspace, or a website that you log into and can change on the fly (that requires a server with php/mysql) ?

for static pages that you build and edit your self, i recommend www.oswd.org .
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
              Are you looking to make some static non-changing pages that you upload to a host or webspace, or a website that you log into and can change on the fly (that requires a server with php/mysql) ?

for static pages that you build and edit your self, i recommend www.oswd.org .
              I don't know what you just said, but basically its a social site that gives you a blank page to design your own using php stuff. So I know that in this day of age you don't really need to use php codes sources and what not. There should be some programs with easy edit design now for purchase or download right? Where they can let you design it and the program will imput the source code on its own... Hope that helps and thanks zips! I will check that website out, and Jimmy can't be me! He's not cool enoughhhh lol jk jimmy you're awesome!

Comment

There are alot of blogs to choose here. Blogspot, medium, wordpress, ... even LinkedIn is good to have a post nowadays.

Comment

The same problem

Comment

There are many websites to help you solve this problem, you just need to take the time to learn about it

Comment

Originally posted by RedInk View Post
                      i am software developer currently working on a medical software, i can help you a little bit
                      Occupational Therapy Record Maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx View Post
                        Anything better than wordpress? The fact that a lot of sites use it make me feel like it's way too "mainstream". I would like to find something more original
                        I think there's Jekyll
                        • Key Feature: Jekyll is a static site generator, which means it doesn't rely on a traditional database. It's excellent for creating simple, fast, and secure websites.
                        • Use Case: Ideal for blogs, personal websites, or projects where dynamic content is not a primary requirement.

Comment

Working...
                        X