No announcement yet.

GTX570 to GTX670 or stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia may roll out their 7xx line in May.

NVIDIA will reveal three new GeForce GTX 700 series branded cards in the coming weeks, likely around Computex time (end May / beginning of June). These cards will be based on current GPUs.

You can get a GTX 760 for $300, which is roughly the equivalent of a current 670 but with maybe 5% performance gains. However, even if it is a rebranded 670, and those prices are accurate, you are saving upwards of $100 getting the 760 compared to a 670.

Edit: And honestly, I'd probably avoid any x50 card. They often perform worse than the x60 line of the previous generation of cards. Get an x60 or x60Ti or better line if possible.

Comment

Thanks Zips, I heard that from another person about the 650 line, so I cancelled the order.

I cant go very expensive at the moment and any of the cards are going to be a good jump from what I have, so I dont really want the latest type of thing.

With all that said, I like this one:
      Buy EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Anything wrong with that model?
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'd personally go with a Ti line but that's just me. You have to ask if you want a few more frames per second for $20 to $50 more than the 660 non-Ti. If those few frames per second aren't an issue for you, then yeah, 660 is fantastic.

But then again, I'm personally eying up the 760Ti for later this year for $300.

Comment

I did that change, from 570 Classified to 670 FTW just because I sort of got it for free (sold my 570 and had amazon credit because they screwed an order) and to be honest, the change is only notable in very demanding games like Crysis 3.

I could run it at High with low aa with the 570 and now i can run it at ultra.

But in every other game is just a 10ish fps difference.

The 770-780 are coming in May, that might be worth the upgrade.

Comment

I have my 660 and it is working GREAT! Comparing it to my 470 it is quite a jump. My FPS is a lot higher on Battlefield and the game seems more responsive.

I use IRNV scopes a bit and there was always a delay for them to adjust and show me the area I was looking at. I thought that was by design, but the 660 took that delay away. It wasn't a long delay, just a second or two, but when you are looking for a camper, that could mean a respawn.

I also purchased the CM Storm Quick Trigger TK keyboard:

I had worn out my Lycosa on a few keys and was losing response. I bought the blue key. I wanted red keys with blue backlight, but NOOOOOO. Cant have that. Its OK though as I like the blue keys. Reminds me of my favorite keyboard I had years ago that I messed up spilling a soda on it :*(
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm jealous now

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                I'm jealous now
                tell me about it. I miss having not-an-APU.

Comment

looks like i will be eyeing up the 7 series cards for a Ramadan upgrade :P

Comment

Working...
                  X