It's time for my new PC! .... help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's time for my new PC! .... help!

I have this psu which was $135 when i bought it 4/2010. no problems with it and i was running sli 8800's. Now its running my 570.
    they don't make the one i have anymore but this looks comparable.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

The new one you selected should work well. Ive used this brand for some time and have been very happy with it:
      Buy Thermaltake Black Widow W0319RU 850 W ATX 12V v2.3, EPS 12V v2.91 CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Ive had two of them and both are still running today, after 6+ years now. I know things change after that timeframe, but even the reviews look pretty good.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Great, looks like its done .

.... Crap, now that i was just about to order the GTX580 is out of stock...

Comment

that happened to me too. i was all set on ordering my card, then it went out of stock. It came back in stock in about a week.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Oh well, gives me time to wait and see if the 570 can max bf3 in the beta (I know it won't be 100% optimized).
            Be sure to let me know!.
            Thanks.

Comment

you can do a GTX580 SLI with a corsair TX850 v2.

i saw a test with my TX750 v2 to max power was at 900. i know i am very near of limit but, the corsair is great power.

Comment

Here's my final checkout list, let me know what you think.
                I'll order as soon as I find out how the GTX570 vs 580 perform in BF3.

Last time, I was going to send the stuff to a friend in New Jersey, but they gave me 98 USD tax.
                I'm going to Miami mid-october so I contacted my Dad's family who live there to see if I can send them everything and pick it up later, they said yes, and surprisingly there's no taxes there.
                So final price is $1375 .

I know the HDD is just 500GB, but I have another 500GB on my MacbookPro, so space is just meh...

Comment

So excited! just ordered! Even though I'm going to pick up the stuff until October 10, I can now have inner peace knowing I will have it for BF3 release date!

I'll miss the beta, but It's ok, Gears of War 3 will keep me busy

Here's my final build.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

I went with the 570 classified, the 580 was a no go after all the financial stuff going on here and in the US.
                  Final price $1231 USD.

Thanks a lot for the help guys. Can't wait to kick ass and take names with you on the battlefield.

Comment

this configuration cost in Brazil, U$2000 - U$2500...hehehe!

ready to fly. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X