Shader mod 2.0 help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shader mod 2.0 help plz

Hello guys, I know I have lots of buddie here in TGN that can help me.
    I'm trying to download a program for a generic notebook so I can play leauge of legend but each time I try to play it, it is asking me to download shader mod 2.0 and I just cant seem to find where to download it for free or anything please help me!
    I will be forever indebted to you

Re: Shader mod 2.0 help plz

Do you mean pixel shader 2.0? How old's your graphics card? Older cards don't support 2.0.

Comment

amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor tk-5 its a 4 year old notebook, but im only gonna run a low end free game like league of legend. Plz help wolf almighty

Comment

Well it isn't really about machine specs, but chances are your video card or chip doesn't support pixel shader 2.0 so aside from getting a better one there's really nothing you can do. I'm not familiar with laptops/notebooks, but you can try running dxdiag and checking your video specs and seeing if your card or chip supports pixel shader 2.0. If your machine is 4 years old there's a decent chance it doesn't.

Comment

dam i dont get it tho, this crap can handle a laggy left 4 dead 2 and wow... why not a low end graphic league of legends

Comment

For ****s and giggles, have you updated your video card drivers lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
              dam i dont get it tho, this crap can handle a laggy left 4 dead 2 and wow... why not a low end graphic league of legends
              Well WoW isn't really the best game to compare, but according to what I've read L4D requires a pixel shader 2.0 or higher video card to run so if you can run that your card is probably fine. Do what Zips said and make sure your drivers are all updated.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
                Well WoW isn't really the best game to compare, but according to what I've read L4D requires a pixel shader 2.0 or higher video card to run so if you can run that your card is probably fine. Do what Zips said and make sure your drivers are all updated.
                Please don't make fun, but how do I update my drivers? >.< :P

Comment

loloool, you can try a driver updator, wich you pay for (never found a free one) or you can go to your driver's main site and download the update

Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Ati : http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn.../catalyst.aspx

Comment

Just be careful in what you select though since you're on a laptop/notebook thing. Be sure to select the correct stuff in the drop down menu at either site.

Comment

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...o-card-drivers

Shader 2.0

Your video card must support shader model 2.0 to run League of Legends. You should check with the manufacturer directly to see which cards support this technology.
                      Unofficial Wikipedia guide describing which cards support different shader models

Red you should post the exact make and model number of your laptop and we can figure out what its specs are and then find the correct drivers. Generally laptop video drivers can be tricky to update if you try to use the generic drivers from nvidia or amd. usually in most cases using the most recent driver from the manufactures website is the best bet, although with ati drivers you can usually find the mobility modder drivers that will work.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Ok guys, it took awhile but I finally found my exact notebook laptop from Acer.
                        Why am I using this crap? Because My G52 Asus is away for the moment =(

Buy Acer Laptop Extensa AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57 2GB Memory 120GB HDD ATI Radeon X1250 IGP 14.1" Windows Vista Home Premium EX4420-5239 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I found the link on newegg, I hope it contains all the info just by looking. I don't want you to look too hard in it for me, so only do it if you have time because its no biggie. Thanks all for helping!

Comment

If you are running Windows Vista 32bit then this is your driver.

If not, go here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

First pull down tab select > Integrated Motherboard graphics
                          Second pull down > x12xx series
                          3rd pull down > x1250
                          4th > your operating system

The computer should support Shader 2.0. I'm pretty sure this should fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                            Ok guys, it took awhile but I finally found my exact notebook laptop from Acer.
                            Why am I using this crap? Because My G52 Asus is away for the moment =(

Buy Acer Laptop Extensa AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK-57 2GB Memory 120GB HDD ATI Radeon X1250 IGP 14.1" Windows Vista Home Premium EX4420-5239 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I found the link on newegg, I hope it contains all the info just by looking. I don't want you to look too hard in it for me, so only do it if you have time because its no biggie. Thanks all for helping!
                            Thanks a lot, that was so simple ez and quick lunatik! Uhmm... should I download Catalyst Software Suite that its asking me to download at the bottom of the next page? >.<

Comment

What, this?

Package Includes:
                              Display Driver
                              Catalyst Control Center
                              (English Language Only)
                              Yes, that is the complete package that includes drivers and configuration utilities.

Comment

Working...
                              X