Comment

Re: Gaming Laptop

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

All I have to say is don't listen to BIAS comments. I use to go by this notion that laptops can't game too because of these false accusations but when I bought my semi decent laptop I was blown away.

So to the above posters, shut up and put you're money where you're mouth is because I object to you're statements.

You want mobility and gaming in one for a cheap price? look no further than ASUS. Are you American or CDN? This would help to choose where to buy from but for example:

Newegg american $$:

Canada Computers:

The best deals on laptops, PC, game systems, components, small appliances, cables, and office supplies. Save more by shopping online or in-store!

People can say all they want but the fact is I run a similiar ASUS latop, P8400 (2.26ghz) 9600 GS and never ever have I had any problems. Mind you my only two games I bother to play anymore is COD4 and BF2 and occasionally Spore and on the highest of settings. None of these games cause my laptop to overheat either and thats without any additional notebook cooling pads either.

But if you want to play crysis, thats another story and to be honest that game is a bad comparison because desktops can't even run it on a single GPU maxed out as far as I am concerned.

In the end either way, you can get a pretty damn good laptop for under 2grand CDN or American and have the freedom you desire. This totally beats the clusmy desktop in my opinion. And you know what, you don't want a desktop rig neways because if you build a decent/godly rig you gpu will surely be a power hog AKA $$ to the power bill everymonth even if all you used it for was msn.

Take it from me, I switch between my lappy and desktop all the time (i only use desktop now cuz its XP vs vista lappy cuz it wont let me run my loc files on bf2 and i like my 45" lcd screen).

PS. my laptop is vista, duh and runs awesome.

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

That's why I actually have two laptops.

I use one for work, and the other to play games, in school, at work, etc.

Not the greatest use of 3000$ on two laptops, but I sure as hell don't have a high taste for games, I play any game that doesn't run well on all low and still enjoy it.

In the end, it is up to the buyer, like all subjective things in the world.

Comment

Ok thanks guys. Im american btw for the guy that asked.

Comment

Originally posted by [BFE]pdiddy[X] View Post
                      Ok thanks guys. Im american btw for the guy that asked.
                      Check your VFC PM box. But TBH, I've said pretty much the same as what's been posted. I can shrink down the price of the build I specced up for you (It was a little OTT, I'll admit, but if you want a $2000 PC, you get a $2000 PC). With the remainder, you'll easily be able to buy a laptop.

Guys: Bear in mind that Pdiddy plays a lot of FSX, which few laptops can cope with particularly well.

Comment

I don't game @ 800x600 res I game @ 1024x764 flawless all settings tweaked up.

BF2 was one of the most straining FPS games ever made, only with the new introduction of the i7 cores and DDR3 have prices really fallen to the point where everyone should have a low end rig capable of playing bf2 all high.

With that said, EA tweaked the game engine to run smoother for less on there release of 2142 - and I confirm that because it did run ALOT better when I switched between the games.

COD4 is very new and runs perfect all maxed out with 1440x900 res.

This is all accomplished with a VISTA laptop, 4gb (only 3seen cuz its 32bit) p8400 2.26ghz cpu, and a 9600 GS 1gb vram card.

Now this card is nowhere near top of the line as far as mobilty cards go and its capable of this performance? How can you argue that laptops cannot game when this package is less than 1500 CDN back in August 08? Hell my first laptop I bought two months prior to this one is slightly weaker with a 2.1ghz cpu and 3gb ram but it had a bluray drive for roughly the exact same price, maybe 100 more.

Now lets look at desktop rigs. I built a fully geared high performance system last year minus the SLI option (thank god I was smart enough not to go SLI) and this with screen and speakers included came out to $3000 CDN. Now I am stuck with a system that is big and bulky and heavy as well as a huge power hoss.

But if you want to argue that you want to take you're previous speakers/lcd screen from you're old rig then my cost would have been $2000. Now I have to ask, if you are going full out on the hardware then why do you slump out on the new LCD/speakers? Gotta get 5.1 surround sound to enjoy that new creative sound card. And for LCD you can't go less than 21" widescreen (1680x1050 res) otherwise that high end gpu you just bought is a waste of money.

Mind you I really do enjoy using my 46" sony bravia with my desktop computer but thats a higher $$ tag then.

The fact is this guy is in uni and wants mobilty + power, his best choice is an ASUS laptop that has solid performance and backed by a 2 year global warranty! Even if you spill a drink you can send it in and get a new one, so the warranty states.

The only thing I suggest is get a good gaming headset or something cuz I personally do not enjoy the speakers on it but what laptop has awesome speakers? O I know go to Toshiba, apparently they claim to have subwoofers in there laptops (what a joke).

----edit----

I almost forgot, someone mentioned that you'll be needing to plug you're laptop in as if it were a con. Ask yourself this, Where do you go that does not have one or more power outlets on a wall today? You can game for about 1-2 hours on battery before you run out of juice with a 6cell lithium standard battery. You may also buy a second 12 cell lithium battery which would probably then assure you 3-4 hours of gaming remotely.

As for ethernet cables? I play games with as low as 25ping on wireless. If you have problems playing with on wireless I suggest you fork out the extra 50 bucks or w/e (I don't know what they charge in the states but a high end wireless router here in Canada is only like $125 vs a $75 piece of *** wireless router).

Also I am playing on satelite internet, so cables or not I am always going to be a wireless gamer because I get my net from above and not a cable in the ground.

here is a link for mobile video cards incase you want to read up on certian models:

Comment

I bought a laptop last yr from Hypersonic (US) which basically get their laptops from Sager and label them Hypersonic and it cost me 1600US, today that laptop is istting at a mate in his flat, I bought a comp from Cyberpower UK for 450 quid and runs awesomely great!

Yeha i cant move my uni rig but why should i when the uni has thousands of C2D PCs that i can work on whilst on campus.

Neways to actually give u advice here is what i will say, upgrading laptops are a @#%$^* but since u want one give this site a visit:

Its a US website, like Vika pointed out the models he said are pretty good, just be sure to get a laptop cooler .

Comment

A few thoughts....

I wouldn't recommend a big heavy gaming laptop for any type of travel, or to carry around on a daily basis.... been there done that. But if your intent on getting a gaming laptop, have a look at this gateway, they have had huge success with this model by combining a good gfx card with a mid-range cpu to keep the price down:

Gateway Model: P-7811FX

$1,359.99

Shop Gateway Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee.

Intel core2 P8400 @ 2.26ghz
                            NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS 512mb ddr3
                            17" WUXGA TFT widescreen (1920 x 1200)
                            4gb ram
                            200gb 7200rpm hdd
                            Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW
                            digital media card reader
                            wireless: (802.11a/b/g/n)
                            Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with SP1
                            1066MHz system bus
                            HDMI out

I dont know much about the machine personally, but its got great reviews. lots of info here:
                            Thank you for visiting the TechnologyGuide network. Unfortunately, these forums are no longer active. We extend a heartfelt thank you to the entire community for their steadfast support—it is really you, our readers, that drove
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

my sager laptop will rape most of your desktops at 14151 3dmark 06 : )

Sager np9262 ftw

intel q9550 2.83ghz quad core
                              SLi 9800m GT's
                              4gb ram
                              2x 320gb 7200rpm hard drives in raid 0.

Comment

Working...
                              X