Video Card (what should i get)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card (what should i get)

hey guys i am looking to get a video card with the budget below at least 100$ (ok if it goes a little over just no more than 115$) so my choice was a 8600 for around 80$ but i dont know if there is anything better out there or should there be any other things added to it also (like one said gts or something like that and another said it was over clocked) so if anyone can give good recemendations what a good video card and if there is a major retailer that sells at a cheap price

Re: Video Card (what should i get)

96000gt

Comment

A 3850 perhaps?

Buy DIAMOND Viper Radeon HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card 3850PE3512O with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

i was looking at that 3850 that vika showed and how some of the cons were games crashing and another guy got blank screens but pros were saying it was a great card and plays most games on high so i see this as a good card to get?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Reapa View Post
          i was looking at that 3850 that vika showed and how some of the cons were games crashing and another guy got blank screens but pros were saying it was a great card and plays most games on high so i see this as a good card to get?
          yes, I have the 3870 (similar card) and it works great

Comment

9600gt > 3850 though.

Comment

and almost the same price i think i may go with a 9600 gt but which one should i look for any certain specs i should get on it

Comment

Don't go for one with more than 512mb RAM. Try and get the cheapest and possibly with a factory overclock.

Comment

so the 9600 gt needs to be hooked up to a comp that is SLI compatible how would i know if my comp is SLI compatible and if not how would i make it compatible

Comment

No, you only need an SLI motherboard if you plan on using 2 of them. If you want to use just one, you don't need an SLI motherboard.

Comment

so i am just going to get one so i dont need to worry

Comment

Sorry if this sounds stupid but do you know wether you have PCI-e or AGP slots on your motherboard...Just seems like you're not very experienced in PC's..So i dont want you spending money on something that wont work..

Comment

yeah i kinda dont know what that means if you can explan it a little more and tell me where i can find it that will be appreciated

Comment

You should have PCI-E 16x unless your motherboard is very old. Can you tell us what motherboard you have.

And, yes, if you buy a single graphics card, you don't need an SLI board.

Comment

i think i have a 16x cause my computer is reltivly new like 1 year old so yeah i think i have a PCI x16

Comment

Working...
                              X