Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx
    True. However, The movie was not based on PURE fact it was more based on the stories and myths that surrounded that landmark battle in history. Thats what makes it interesting.
    Wasn`t it based on a comic by the author of Sin City? and that comic was based on myths, etc

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
      Wasn`t it based on a comic by the author of Sin City? and that comic was based on myths, etc
      yeah i think the auther was frank miller

Comment

yep. i watched a few minutes of the special features, and it said about that throughtout the film, even though no end of blood went everywhere, you never saw it soaked in the floor, and the blood seen on the floor was more like it was stuck in like a spear, to mimic the effect of the comic.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411
          also, dunno if anyone noticed or not, but the film never claims to be a true representation of historical events, so this gave them the leeway to add extra bits in to it.
          I never said it did. If the film would be as realistic as possible it would be alot more boring, coz spartans didnt fight like those guys in that movie. In the entire movie they break the formation, wich would get spartans a death penalty if they did it in a battle. They fought defencively in a phalanx formation

But i dont have anything againts that, coz like you said, the film isnt a historical movie. But i still find it odd with those monsters coz the film is based on a novel that (IIRC) is very loosely based on the real life story

Comment

Truth in 300:
            *The battle of Thermopylae did happen
            *There were 300 Spartans and a King by the name of Leonidas there.
            *There was a sh!tload of Persians and Xerxes I.
            *The funneled them into a small mountainous channel, making it easier to stay alive longer.

Pretty much everything else is myth. They also left out that there were quite a few other soldiers to. Taken from wikipedia, to be perfectly exact. "700 Thespian volunteers, 400 Thebans who had been pressed into service, and 900 Helots."

Comment

^^Yes but mostly spartans did the fighting

Comment

Im not 100% sure where they got the ideas from im just going off what i saw.. In the end 300 is a godly movie to say the least, had it been based on fact alone it would have been a documentary. Im not saying Waaah_Wah is wrong in not liking the mythological side of it, im just explaining they did that to stay true to the culture of the history and story. Also some of the animals used in battle e.g. Rhyno and elephant were just exhagerated in size almost as if it were designed around an explenation given by someone who had seen the creature for the first time. Im glad they portrayed the more mythological side of it, and they did it with modesty too. Thats just my opinion

Comment

Watched Wanted earlier, not bad for an action film, stunts were all un-realisitc but hey. Plus see Jolie's butt was well worth my money.

Comment

^^I wonder how many 12 year old kids in the US will shoot eachother with their daddys gun when trying to do this:

(at 00:40)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h0FGqG5ADQ&feature=related&[/media]

Comment

Wanted just looks really cheesy to me.

Comment

Hm.. I think it looks pretty cool Sorta like Shoot 'Em Up

Comment

o brother where art thou?

That movie was filmed 163 miles away from my house in Mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                            ^^Yes but mostly spartans did the fighting
                            um.... sure.

The Spartans where much better warriors overall as it was their proffession, but 300 of them weren't enough (as the movie seems to portray) alone.

Comment

I just got back from Wanted too.
                              and despite the whole impossible stunts thing, i didn't really care because it made a good film.
                              also, from this film alone i also change my opinion on Angelina Jolie that i probably put forward in the If you could have any woman... thread. she looked sooo hot.
                              I also cracked up when Morgan Freeman said ".......kill that mother ****er"
                              as he is a legend.

Comment

I just watched Cloverfield. I liked it, but the ending really f*cked up the movie for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X