Will this computer work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this computer work?

Well I'm going to be getting a laptop soon and am really looking to get on so I can continue to play my PC games, primarily BF2 and BF2142.

I'm looking at getting the following, and was wondering if you guys could tell me if it will be able to handle BF2 and on what settings.

Dell Insprion 1520
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
    Windows Vista Home Edition
    4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
    160GB 5200RPM hard drive
    256MB GeForce 8600M GT

About the ram, I am ok with 2,3 or 4GB just which one would be most efficient with that setup?

Also, if I was to go with the XPS which comes with the 128MB GeForce 8400GS would that be able to run bf2 and on what settings?

Thanks.

Re: Will this computer work?

Originally posted by m0ttz View Post
    Well I'm going to be getting a laptop soon and am really looking to get on so I can continue to play my PC games, primarily BF2 and BF2142.

I'm looking at getting the following, and was wondering if you guys could tell me if it will be able to handle BF2 and on what settings.

Dell Insprion 1520
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
    Windows Vista Home Edition
    4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz
    160GB 5200RPM hard drive
    256MB GeForce 8600M GT

About the ram, I am ok with 2,3 or 4GB just which one would be most efficient with that setup?

Also, if I was to go with the XPS which comes with the 128MB GeForce 8400GS would that be able to run bf2 and on what settings?

Thanks.
    It will run and on all high. The HDD is overkill a little for space.. I'd bump that up to at least a 7200RPM drive and decrease the space to adjust for the price.

Comment

yes, but I would build it...building isnt too complicated, and you will save a ton.

you honestly only need 2gb, 4 is overkill, unless your running vista 64 bit or wateva

Comment

Would the 128MB GeForce 8400GS work on BF2, and what settings would that run on considering it only has 128MB of memory.

These are laptops...

Comment

Would the 128MB GeForce 8400GS work on BF2, and what settings would that run on considering it only has 128MB of memory.

These are laptops...
          remember what I said.. need to look for a HDD with 7200 RPM's vs that slow 5400

Comment

Will do that, but will the 128MB on the 8400GS run BF2? if so on what settings?

Comment

Will do that, but will the 128MB on the 8400GS run BF2? if so on what settings?
              I would think it could run it on Medium settings.. I would recommend at least 256mb on the card.

Comment

the 8400GS is a no go so what if its is an XPS its crap i would go with a sager model lappy or the dell 1520 inspiron u posted i am running a sager model from Hypersonic pc systems it has a 8600M GT with 512mb and bf2 is all high with 8*AA which is pretty good i play Allied Intent Xtended on it and it rocks i have a C2D they upgraded me for free to a 2.2ghz speed not much of a difference from the T7300 model and i run 2gigs 667 bf2 is constant no lag but u gotta consider getting a faster HDD get what i have i run the hdd at 72k for performance that inspiron should be good i wouldn't get vista if i were u go with xp pro, get 2 gigz . i played WiC all high (world in Conflict) u can system lab requirements it and see!:salute:

Comment

Alright, thanks for the help guys Really want a laptop to play BF2 on when I go to University lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X