X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 8800 driver 163.44 = bad

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
    Fair enough
    yep... I just hate to see a thread made up against software or drivers like this one saying OHH IT'S EVIL!! Don't load it!! It will mess up your stuff!!!

cause its not all true.. sometimes its just the hardware that doesn't agree with certain things.

its trial and error

Comment

Well, one of the drivers did bork my FPS and ever since, Vista has taken a tumble. I thought Vista was stable already, but I just found that it handles a 150mhz CPU overclock on top of XP without crashing (my PC has very dodgy hardware configurations ATM, completely mixed RAM amongst other things).

Need SP1...

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
        Well, one of the drivers did bork my FPS and ever since, Vista has taken a tumble. I thought Vista was stable already, but I just found that it handles a 150mhz CPU overclock on top of XP without crashing (my PC has very dodgy hardware configurations ATM, completely mixed RAM amongst other things).

Need SP1...
        with all the junk drivers thats come out and been released that you've prob tried..its prob best to do a reinstall of Vista and go back to where your at now. But yes I agree SP1 would be nice.

Comment

Ok well I think I'm going to format anyways... so that should be a clean enough start for installing my new drivers.

Comment

Problem fixed, apparently it was forcing 16xQ (8xMSAA, 16xCSAA) wthout me knowing. The release notes say that was fixed but it isn't, when you use the AA override option and set in-game AA to Off (that fixes the grass corruption bug).

As for these glitches, it's either overheating or driver issues, and if it's a driver issue, you can usually fix it by tinkering in the control panel.

Comment

Working...
            X