Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSU Bottlenecking?

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
    it should be fine, it has listed there all the pins *(i'll paste below) if you got normal sata drives i dotn see why it wouldnt, but i'd check the size though like SC said.

that link i posted above has ones for dell's , if i read your sig right you have a dell, ya might want to check there before you buy.

NEW! Ultra X-Finity PSU - Featuring FlexForce Cables
    Breakthrough technology! Phenomenal power distribution. Easy to manage cabling system! Extraordinary airflow! This sizzling new Ultra X-Finity power supply features the innovative new dual rail technology for better power distribution. You'll get the smooth, trouble-free performance that's perfect for your powerful gaming system. The FlexForces' incomparable cables are dressed in a great looking titanium silver finish. Specially engineered cable design promotes easy cable management and 30% better airflow than ordinary cables. Simply route cables under the motherboard, behind drive bays... anywhere that gets typically unsightly power supply cables out of the way of airflow. Crafted to accommodate both AMD and Intel CPUs! 24/20-pin motherboard connection. 4-pin +12V Molex connectors. 4-pin floppy power connectors. PCI Express, SATA and 8-pin EPS connectors. Versatile. Dependable. Affordable. The Ultra X-Finity FlexForce ATX power supply.

New! Ultra xTreme™ Coffee Cup - Featuring Advanced Thermal Convection Management! State-of-the-art Technology! Phenomenal heat containment! Easy to manage handle! Extraordinary aesthetic appeal! This freshly brewed Ultra xTreme™ Coffee Cup features the innovative new C.E.R.A.M.I.C. technology for better thermal distribution. You get the smooth, limescale free fluid consistency, perfect for your drinking experience. The SecureHandle™ technology allows for an unbreakable grip on your espresso. Specially engineered cup design promotes safer handling and 45.32% better thermal capacitance compared to standard cups. Simply place the cup on a desk, a plate, even a book, anywhere with a stable flat surface. Crafted to accomodate left AND right hands! 1 piece blow-moulded design, 4-step manufacturing process. Left hand and right hand suitable handles. Versatile. Dependable. Affordable. The Ultra xTreme™ Espresso Coffe Cup.

In other words, don't fall for the marketing crap and buy a reliable one. Titanium coated power cables

Comment

I checked the side of the psu, its manufactured by Dell, and i think it said that it would not exceed 305 watts. While i was in there, i noticed that the video card slot, on my motherboard, has the top slot as pci-e.

off topic: So if i buy a dual slot card, such as the 8800 gtx, it would not fit into my motherboard? Do i absolutely need an sli-certified mobo?

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
        I checked the side of the psu, its manufactured by Dell, and i think it said that it would not exceed 305 watts. While i was in there, i noticed that the video card slot, on my motherboard, has the top slot as pci-e.

off topic: So if i buy a dual slot card, such as the 8800 gtx, it would not fit into my motherboard? Do i absolutely need an sli-certified mobo?
        If it really is a x16 pcie slot then it'll work fine, though I 100% guarantee that it'll destroy your psu if you try to run a 8800gtx with the one that comes with your dell. Get a better psu.

Comment

Working...
        X