Logging in (and more) with shortcut commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging in (and more) with shortcut commands

I have a widescreen monitor and have always been able to set the resolution using a command in the shortcut.

Also, adding "restart +1" in the shortcut skips all intro movies, BUT, i just cant get it to log in by itself, even when i copied the supposed working shortcut command from this support forum.

When i hit "join game" in xfire, all it does is ask for password and boot up the game... it doesnt seem to instantly log in and go to server automatically like it should.

But when im playing SF and join a normal BF2 server, it starts BF2 and auto logins and automatically goes straight into the server.

So BF2 clearly does that right, its just it seemingly wont with xfire or the shortcut commands?

Could anyone clarify on what the exact command is?

Re: Logging in (and more) with shortcut commands

Here's the command to add for auto-login...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playerName (your name) +playerPassword (your password)

Comment

do i put my name in brackets? is it

"(name)"

or
      "name"

Comment

No, just type your actual name and password, just make sure it's spaced out correctly like the example...sorry 'bout that

Comment

Hmm, is it case sensitive? I have put in the commands, but they do not appear to work.... perhaps "Restart +1" negates it?

Comment

Try taking out the restart +1 and then go to C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/movies and delete the movies, which saves some space and no intro movie crap.

Yes it is case sensitive, so type it correctly..
            this is my command line...

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +playerName AzN_dM4 +playerPassword XXXXXXX

I don't think the restart +1 would have conflicted with the auto-login, but try this and maybe it will work now....

Comment

Does anyone know if this works with a prefix, i.e. a Tag?

Cheers

Curry

Comment

Working...
              X