Clear All

• Re: Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

"Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Comment

Ubisoft invited me to the beta for Ghost Recon Future Soldier. Yay!

They say it's a thank you for owning Splinter Cell: Conviction! Their instructions inform me that I need to sign into Xbox Live, put in my Splinter Cell: Conviction disc into my 360, start up the game and I'll get the beta download through their news slider in-game!

... I have Conviction on the PC.

Really smooth move there, Ubisoft. Real smooth.

(At least they included three keys that should work without owning the game on the 360.)

Comment

Auch. I also got a key for ghost recon online (not future soldier), but when i head to their site there is NO place to input the key. It's so stupid
          I'm thinking it is because of my country not being in the beta yet?
          If any of you has the option to place it tell me and I will give the key for you to use :P

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            Auch. I also got a key for ghost recon online (not future soldier), but when i head to their site there is NO place to input the key. It's so stupid
            I'm thinking it is because of my country not being in the beta yet?
            If any of you has the option to place it tell me and I will give the key for you to use :P
            It took me a while to find it as well. Try here: http://ghostrecononline.us.ubi.com/s...enter-beta-key

I just redeemed my key that I had for it from like... a month ago now.

Comment

Hmm... I just had an idea to bring back the TGN vets... Threaten to lock this thread! That will bring them back!

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                Hmm... I just had an idea to bring back the TGN vets... Threaten to lock this thread! That will bring them back!
                Why threaten when I can just go right on ahead and close it at any moment...

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                  Why threaten when I can just go right on ahead and close it at any moment...
                  Hmm... yeah... That could potentially raise a shitstorm causing the vets to scream at you to reopen it... then they will stay! and we will have notable traffic again! (I think I should stop before You actually do it...)

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                    I sense a disturbance in the force.

Comment

I true vet would have never left to begin with. It always bothered me how people complained about how the forums were dead, news was dead, this was dead, that was dead, while they continued to lurk and not post or participate. Claiming things of they shouldnt have to, its not my job, and I am butt hurt because of X example. A community site is only as good as its community.
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        I true vet would have never left to begin with. It always bothered me how people complained about how the forums were dead, news was dead, this was dead, that was dead, while they continued to lurk and not post or participate. Claiming things of they shouldnt have to, its not my job, and I am butt hurt because of X example. A community site is only as good as its community.

Of course it would be great if the forums had more people involved, but I was never here when it was that populated. I joined in the beginning of 2010 so to me the forums are alive and kicking as they where before, I love you guys and what we discuss in general and I could not leave since I can't see what else would I do with my life xD. What pisses me off is the hundreds of people watching threads and news etc and not registering, I mean, I did that too but this: 983 users online. 14 members and 969 guests ... daaaamn

Comment

I haven't been here for ages because the forums just became too messy. Too many integrations, then separations blah blah. We had separate Total sites, then combined them (made sense) onto one forum with different sections. Then it got crowded with all these new sections and sub sections etc. Plus it came to the point that the off-topic was the only forum that was active - which is fine. But this is/was a gaming forum dedicated to specific games, it's ambition to become a central gaming forum, in my opinion, tanked.

This used to be a forum where DICE members would log in every single day and listen to TotalBF2 forum members on way to improve the game. Honestly, a little downhill. But I can't speak for what has happened after 2010 or so, because I haven't logged in for 2 years.

AND, most of us have become older. I joined this place when I was 15. Had to move on. Made a fuss of it to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by AllFoamNoBeer
                            I haven't been here for ages because the forums just became too messy. Too many integrations, then separations blah blah. We had separate Total sites, then combined them (made sense) onto one forum with different sections. Then it got crowded with all these new sections and sub sections etc. Plus it came to the point that the off-topic was the only forum that was active - which is fine. But this is/was a gaming forum dedicated to specific games, it's ambition to become a central gaming forum, in my opinion, tanked.

This used to be a forum where DICE members would log in every single day and listen to TotalBF2 forum members on way to improve the game. Honestly, a little downhill. But I can't speak for what has happened after 2010 or so, because I haven't logged in for 2 years.

AND, most of us have become older. I joined this place when I was 15. Had to move on. Made a fuss of it to be honest.
                            Im trying to remember who you said you used to be... I remember you saying a while back when you mentioned you changed your name,,, but the loss of avatar makes it hard,,,

Nonetheless you bring up some good points. Though it took CSnation for us to actually have a Valve section that was noteworty IMO.

Edit: Wait, were you hendrix?

Comment

I too felt that the forums lost its identity with the introduction of all the subforums, but that didn't outright kill it, we still had a lot of activity.

IMHO there just isn't that many games left that is worth discussing, they are all just more of the same.
                              And if you find a interesting game, chances are there will just be 2-3 Vets playing it. And least it seems so when I am looking at Steam or Origin.

Comment

Student life took over me.

Life as a student is very much like this thread, full of awesome things, and good chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X