No announcement yet.

Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey! The latest Homefront is on sale on Steam for $10. Is it worth $10? Anyone liked it for that much?
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
      Hey! The latest Homefront is on sale on Steam for $10. Is it worth $10? Anyone liked it for that much?
      As someone that really liked the first Homefront game, I can safely say that the sequel is absolute butts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
        As someone that really liked the first Homefront game, I can safely say that the sequel is absolute butts.
        Awww, really? Even after they went with the open world idea?

I knew it was a bit bad, it didn't get really good reviews, but I didnt think it would be that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
          Awww, really? Even after they went with the open world idea?

I knew it was a bit bad, it didn't get really good reviews, but I didnt think it would be that bad.
          Keep in mind that I liked the first game mainly because of the linearity and the story. I hated that they did what everyone else does and made it an open world game. If you didn't like that the first game was linear, you may like this one.

My suggestion would be to check out the recent reviews for the game on Steam to see what people are saying that have played it more recently than I have. When I last played it, it wasn't patched and it was janky as hell. They may have fixed some of that since I last played.

For $10 it's probably a safe bet, even if you only play it for a couple of hours, you're still getting about a $5/hour of entertainment.

Comment

• I also thought like it sounded like a good idea, but in fact reviews are poor

Comment

• Completely cant keep up with E3 this year. glad we got Zips!!!

Comment

• I try. Not rushing to get things up certainly feels better this year though. Waiting for the press releases and YouTube trailers is nice.

Of course, this is just the first day and only one show. Tomorrow, the real fun begins.

Comment

• Id say it was an OK E3, there wasnt anything that got me all hyped up. To me the most interesting was to see new footage of M&B II, then new AC and thats pretty much it.

Comment

• The gaming industry is following the movie industry.

Comment

• So I just got back from that mission thing... that was fun.

Comment

• Welcome back 5t3v0. Glad you survived.

Comment

• Quick, find the ones that aren't spambots.

EDIT: A little update on this. There were about 3,000 additional accounts with similar names that weren't logged in right now but that have registered in the past week or so. ... I banned them.

All of them. That's about 6,300+ accounts just banned. What I really did was search for new registers that have 0 posts in a certain usergroup and mass moved them to the "banned" usergroup. I hope nobody innocent was caught but in a group of 6,300 I wasn't about to take the time to go through with a fine-toothed comb.

I also added seven email domains to the banned email address list with this.

Comment

• That's pretty bad.

Running a WordPress site is just as bad. Glad I use wordfence security.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	3376566
                            "Crunch's First Officer"
                            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

• As I mentioned in the super secret forum area, I banned another ~470 spambot accounts today and added at least 10 new email domains to the blacklist.

I have also added reCaptcha v2 to the site for registrations and other areas.

If any of you run into issues, let me know either on the site (if you can) or on Twitter or wherever you know my contact info.

Comment

• Oh those crazy bots. You'd think by today the whole bot thing would be done and something else take its place.

Comment

Working...
                                X