Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    This is crazy. Not only is Manson still alive but check out the short story on this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	yahoo.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	3376564

Very strange.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Yahoo News being news:

Gotta get the click bait all ready!

In case it gets taken down I added a small picture of the "Do not post" all over it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	manson.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	3376563

As of this post Manson has not died.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
    But nope, just the domain expiring and having to renew it. It didn't help that it happened the Friday right before Christmas either.

So... Tim had to contact MyIS to renew it, because they still control that for reasons I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around. At least they renewed it this time and we didn't lose it like what happened with CS-Nation.
    Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied
    Hey guys, good to know everything is alright!
    Wish you all a happy new years celebration! Remember to go easy on them livers! I know Ill try.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Originally posted by signa View Post
    What happened? Somebody set up us the bomb?
    Apparently the domain needed to be renewed, unknown to both myself and Tim. Thought it was a server issue for a while to the point that Tim moved us to a new Azure server location and put TGN on SSDs (we should be faster now as a result).

But nope, just the domain expiring and having to renew it. It didn't help that it happened the Friday right before Christmas either.

So... Tim had to contact MyIS to renew it, because they still control that for reasons I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around. At least they renewed it this time and we didn't lose it like what happened with CS-Nation.

Leave a comment:

• signa
    replied
    What happened? Somebody set up us the bomb?

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied
    Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
    Good to be back online!
    Well hell, guess I have to work again.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Good to be back online!

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    Its on sale right now. Im sure it will go on sale again later too. I think the devs are trying to make this game work.

My only issue with the game was:
    1. It was an RPG. I dont normally play those.
    2. It had no anti-cheat.

I really think that and the balancing issues turned a lot of people off.

Leave a comment:

• jimykx
    replied
    You are making me wish I took a shot at it. I quite enjoyed the beta of the game, it was disappointing in the sense that it didn't live up to the hype, but nonetheless it was a good and gorgeous game.
    If only it wasn't so god damn expensive

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    My friends and I might hop back into The Division after their next patch rolls out. We haven't touched it in a couple of months now. And fuuuuuuuck even thinking about doing Dark Zone stuff with how unrewarding it is with exploiters and people ganking you at every opportunity. Oh, you finally got a unique drop? NOPE, fucking ganked every time before extraction.
    So I ran into this some last night. It was later than I play. I couldn't sleep and was playing and it started with one high level player just running around in the lower levels doing whatever he wanted and just killing everyone last second and not even taking stuff. Soon he did that with other higher level players so they wanted revenge and before you knew it there were 4 high level players trying to kill each other.

I watched this for a while on the overview map and whenever someone shot off a flare they would all rush to that zone knowing that the others would be there and fight it out. Toward the end of the evening I was running between drop zones shooting flares and then would hide off to the side out of view and they would all come rushing in and kill each other. I did that several times and though I was sad that I couldn't get any stuff out of the zone, I did rank up a couple times and Im sure they all lost points and stuff from each other

With all that being said the last couple patches as well as the 1.4 patch seems to be moving more things out of the dark zone and I think they are turning this more into a traditional RPG of a group working together against AI. Which is kind of a shame as they could just change a few mechanics for the dark zone and still make it very feasible for the "little guy" to play.

I'm still having fun though, but wanted to let you know that the thievery is alive and well.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    My friends and I might hop back into The Division after their next patch rolls out. We haven't touched it in a couple of months now. And fuuuuuuuck even thinking about doing Dark Zone stuff with how unrewarding it is with exploiters and people ganking you at every opportunity. Oh, you finally got a unique drop? NOPE, fucking ganked every time before extraction.

I'm thinking you might still be in the honeymoon phase with that game. It's had such a weird history. It was pretty great at launch and then the first patch or two hit that kind of killed off the end game fun because the devs felt the need to balance without thought. The weapons you felt were fun? No, they were overpowered and needed to be nerfed almost to the point of being useless again. Then the Underground content hit and it was enjoyable for a bit until they saw people were having fun and they AGAIN nerfed the weapons while keeping the enemies as total bullet sponges on higher difficulties. At least now they're testing the next patch with a PTR for the community, so here's hoping it ends up good again.
    Yeah, it could be. I have to say that I've only had one guy rip me off and I killed him. I didn't have anything worth stealing. I havent ran into any exploiters or cheaters. I thought I would and that's why I didnt play the game. I've actually had it since April or May.

That is one of the "curses" of an RPG. Once you get so far up it can get boring or if devs decide to destroy everything you owned then it can make you go "whats the point". I do have to say that it's not very crowded in the dark zone. Ive seen maybe a dozen players on it. Now Im not down every street. Im a bit puny compared to some of these guys, so Ive only been up to DZ3.

So yeah, if you see a CptainCrunch running around say hi and I wont steal your stuff

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Zipay
    replied

I'm thinking you might still be in the honeymoon phase with that game. It's had such a weird history. It was pretty great at launch and then the first patch or two hit that kind of killed off the end game fun because the devs felt the need to balance without thought. The weapons you felt were fun? No, they were overpowered and needed to be nerfed almost to the point of being useless again. Then the Underground content hit and it was enjoyable for a bit until they saw people were having fun and they AGAIN nerfed the weapons while keeping the enemies as total bullet sponges on higher difficulties. At least now they're testing the next patch with a PTR for the community, so here's hoping it ends up good again.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied
    So I have been sucked into the world of The Division. I'm really not much of an RPG player but this game has been a lot of fun and I love the world and story it has been put into. Also, the game is beautiful to look at.

With that said I did run into one of the issues and reasons why I'm not much of an RPG player.....I need friends that play it. After you beat the game there are some things unlocked for daily and weekly deals as well as a lot of other things you can do, but doing them solo is actually impossible. They require a group to even select it as an option. It really is impossible.

So, I'm not a hardcore 20 hours a day RPG player and I'm a noob in The Division, but I fight hard and am honest and will help others. If you play The Division on PC and happen to play a few hours a week and want a partner, look me up. It doesn't even have to be in the DZ. I like playing the PvE stuff as well and hunting down targets. I'm in the US, Central Time Zone.

I play this through UPlay, booo I know, but I have a Steam account as well, both under the name....CptainCrunch
    Last edited by CptainCrunch; 10-03-2016, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X