Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh say can u c a bunch of newbies

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
    You can become a pro swimmer in the US? No wonder you do so well. Our swimmers have to juggle swimming with a job.
    Somebody's a bit pissy today...

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
      Somebody's a bit pissy today...
      No?

He was just pointing out that UK athletes get crap pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob
        Yea, what ever happened to being a good winner? It's not nice to rub it in all the other teams faces quite that much. Celebrate yes, but i think that was a little OTT.
        We shall compare it to football(english) if england was down 5 points with 2 minutes to go in the last quarter of the world cup and they came back and won I think they would go a little nuts as well,the fans might even go crazier.

Comment

Other countries often can be so "moronic" too. There's a lot of passsion in this, and this isn't the first time someone has gotten excited over winning and OLYMPIC MEDAL.
          If anyone else celebrated that way, no one would even care.

amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] Stephensolofo View Post
            We shall compare it to football(english) if england was down 5 points with 2 minutes to go in the last quarter of the world cup and they came back and won I think they would go a little nuts as well,the fans might even go crazier.
            lolz. Would never happen.

People would question the referee if it did

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              lolz. Would never happen.

People would question the referee if it did
              Ok,maybe not 5 points lets say 2 or 3.I think you guys would go crazy.

Comment

No. People would go "that's cool" and then go for a pint of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                  No. People would go "that's cool" and then go for a pint of beer.
                  right.....

Comment

That's the way the British roll.

Comment

Originally posted by [WS] Stephensolofo View Post
                      i find it highly amusing that he is trying to relate to football, yet he still calls them points rather than goals, and also uses quarters. alex, you honestly don't think you'll see england lift the world cup?

Comment

Football isn't really supported and played by the most gentlemanly of people. We all know footballers and fans behave badly, its a one off (perhaps a product of it being worth so much money). Look at rugby, cricket, rowing etc..
                        To be honest i have seen a few other teams/athletes taking it a bit too far with the celebrations at the Olympics, one of them being a british boxer.

Comment

Some swede got in a tantrum and on teh podium he got off it and threw his bronze on the floor and stormed off...(judo)..he said that he came to get gold..twas on yahoo uk...

Comment

Yea, i saw that on TV. I lol'd

And, no, with the current generation of overpaid pusseys, i don't think we will see England life the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsent
                              Some swede got in a tantrum and on teh podium he got off it and threw his bronze on the floor and stormed off...(judo)..he said that he came to get gold..twas on yahoo uk...
                              LOL is there a youtube video?? D=

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGo26SmI95M[/media]

Youtube's on a removing spree by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X