• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8800GTX bf2 problem

Originally posted by samarlian View Post
    Install this driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html

and also download ntune http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.38.00.html

once these are installed open ntune and turn AA up to x16 and AF up to x16 also change nvidia display from multi to single display
    Is ntune the same thing as the nvidia control panel where you can manually set the Antialiasing to x16 and other settings etc? Is there any point installing this?

I also noticed last night that I get a fair amount of popup happening when playing the game. It there a setting to improve the distance you can view/reduce the amount of popup?

Comment

no if you have that then dont insatll it, its mainly for over clockers and sli users

Comment

Quick update on this

I last night uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card and after restarting the computer I installed the latest firmware update by Nvidia. This caused my computer to blue screen. I rebooted the machine but could not install the latest drivers to had to do a system restore to the previous day to recover the original drivers etc. Did I do something wrong? On the nvidia website it says to install the current drivers before installing the new ones. But if you go to the the Device manager in windows there is the option to update driver and roll back etc. Should I maybe have used that or simply tried installing the new drivers with the old ones still on the machine?

As for the Nvidia control panel I then went about manually changing the settings. However BF2 wont start if i set everything to be 16x for antialiasing and antiscopic and if you try changing the texture quality from quality to high quality again it doesn't start.

Comment

firmware? is that the same as the graphics driver?

You do have windows xp 32 bit version.

I guess this time don't uninstall your current drivers, and go ahead and install these again.

Comment

hey all I am having the same problems, since installing my 8800gtx BF2 will not start, jsut a splash screen and a flicker and then back to desktop. I have reintalled both new vid drivers and the game and 1.41. Im kinda stuck any other suggestions??

Comment

When i install drivers i just do i with the old ones still installed then reboot, never had any problems.

Comment

Thats odd. I use an 8800 gtx EVGA card and I'm running great. I don't use the AA in game setting for BF2 or any other. I use the Nvidia driver control instead because I was getting a lot of choppyness with the ingame AA on.

I installed my drivers directly off the disc that came with the card in the box and then installed the game. I haven't checked for updates yet.

I think if your having issues with your card, you should definately update the drivers. There is no harm in it.

And I think when your updating a driver, you don't delete your current version. I THINK its an incremental update - Just read what it (the site your DLing your drivers from) tells you to do and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by System
                  Thats odd. I use an 8800 gtx EVGA card and I'm running great. I don't use the AA in game setting for BF2 or any other. I use the Nvidia driver control instead because I was getting a lot of choppyness with the ingame AA on.

I installed my drivers directly off the disc that came with the card in the box and then installed the game. I haven't checked for updates yet.

I think if your having issues with your card, you should definately update the drivers. There is no harm in it.

And I think when your updating a driver, you don't delete your current version. I THINK its an incremental update - Just read what it (the site your DLing your drivers from) tells you to do and do it.
                  really? my gts can run everything maxed with aa at 8 with no choppy and 99.1 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadCRAP_ View Post
                    really? my gts can run everything maxed with aa at 8 with no choppy and 99.1 fps.
                    Someone mentioned it is a driver problem, I suppose I should look into updating my driver then if your fine.

Comment

I also had an instant desktop after getting my new 8800gts recently. I am using driver 158.27 with great results.

Anyway, all I did was uninstall BF2 and reinstall it, then patched it. It works fine.
                      As for GLOBAL settings for your 8800's, whether or not you use the nVidia panel or nTune, make sure you set:

Texture Filtering - to High Quality
                      Transparency Antialiasing - to Supersampling(Multisampling does almost nothing)

Those changes will affect all games, and are definitely worth doing. The TF simply makes it equal to ATI's default High Quality TF. The Supersamp makes the insides of fences antialiased and clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X