Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Originally posted by Hendrix
    is this what TV and the internet has done to the next generation, obsession with looking like the chiseled face toss pots of popular culture. Let It all hang out I say.
    What? No. Working hard and staying in shape are definitely something that is beneficial for more than "pop culture" reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
      OK, fine I admit that's still pretty impressive.

Quite a bit more than I can squat, but I'm skinny and a slow gainer (and only work out twice a week haha).
      I'm pretty sure that I would be able to get 110kg now (286lbs). That was my max when I squatted 242lbs back in December.

PS: Slow gainers don't exist. What exists is not enough food and sleep.

Originally posted by groundedzero
      No... I'm mad that he goes from nice person to ******* in 0.00912794987 of a second...

Funny thing about this is that you would do the EXACT same thing if you were in his shoes. Don't be mad cos girls talk to him instead of you ^^

Comment

Asking who is the 'man' and who is the 'woman' in a gay relationship is like going into a Chinese restaurant and asking which chopstick is the fork.

Ps: i thought this was funny. i'm not gay

Comment

waaah_wah you're an idiot...

Comment

waaah_wah you're an idiot...
            That may very well be the case, but at least I'm not mad that my friends are getting more ***** than me <3

Comment

• Re: The &quot;Random Thoughts&quot; Thread

Originally posted by waaah_wah
              I'm pretty sure that I would be able to get 110kg now (286lbs). That was my max when I squatted 242lbs back in December.

PS: Slow gainers don't exist. What exists is not enough food and sleep.
              Fair enough, it's mostly my diet that does probably dictate things. I could stand to eat more protein. :awes

Comment

Fair enough, it's mostly my diet that does probably dictate things. I could stand to eat more protein. :awes
                Indeed

I am a little jelly of guys with sick genetics tho. Like this guy:

He did that with a bodyweight of 147lbs. I can't even bench my own bodyweight yet.

Comment

at least I'm not mad that my friends are getting more ***** than me <3
                  I never said that. So you have just solidified my argument...

Comment

I never said that.
                    You didn't have to.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Indeed

He did that with a bodyweight of 147lbs. I can't even bench my own bodyweight yet.
                          hot damn. I've only just started exercising regularly... I mostly just do cardio like running and then exercises with dumbells. I have a weak wrist (broke it in several places and messed it up mountain biking). I've yet to find someone to help/spot me with benchpresses, at least.

Comment

Indeed
                            What does that even mean... "sick genetics", best go see a doctor really. Unless... your Brucie from GTA?
                            In which case I understand all the restarted statements.

I don't need to go to the gym, I weigh 175lbs which is ideal for someone who is 6ft.

Comment

What does that even mean... "sick genetics", best go see a doctor really. Unless... your Brucie from GTA?
                              In which case I understand all the restarted statements.
                              You don't understand what I meant by "sick genetics"? Do you think that everybody can do what he did at that age?

I don't need to go to the gym, I weigh 175lbs which is ideal for someone who is 6ft.
                              Howaboutno.jpg

2:40

Lol at 175 being ideal for a 6ft tall guy. That is the bare minimum.

hot damn. I've only just started exercising regularly... I mostly just do cardio like running and then exercises with dumbells. I have a weak wrist (broke it in several places and messed it up mountain biking). I've yet to find someone to help/spot me with benchpresses, at least.
                              You don't really need a spotter. Just ask somebody at the gym or bench in the power rack.

Comment

Indeed

That's about 13 pounds lighter than when I put up 315 but I'm 6'0".

I got a year to a local gym for Christmas this year (someone thinks I'm getting fat) I haven't worked out since highschool which is over 10 years now. I started out with 225 to see if I could do it and ended up doing 8 reps put on 255 did 5 reps and then 275 at 3 reps. It's been 3 days now and I know I should have gone back and done some light weight reps but I can barely write or even play a video game. My fingers or my arms don't really want to work. I would be defenseless if a group of 9 yearolds attacked me.

Genetics do play a big part. I think if superhuman strength exists then my cousin is one of those people. He's lifted weights a few times but never enough to get real benefit out of it. Maybe a week here and a week a year later; he just never really had time to workout. First time he sat at a weight bench in highschool he did 315lbs on bench and if someone threatened his life he could prob take that same 315 and throw it at there head. My arms are bigger my muscles are bigger but there is no way I could beat him in an arm wrestling match it's not even feasible he would literally put my arm down in a second without breaking a sweat.

I think a lot of this has to do with your natural chemical makeup. I think he releases what would typically be considered an unnatural amount of adrenalin than other people and at less threatening moments. His dad was/is the same way (think epic beard man x2).

Comment

Working...
                                X