• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

93mb with only 1 tab open..

Comment

Time to jump on to the plane. Back in 12 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        :nod:

People who get all smug with a superiority complex when they make a joke about some other ideology than their own without knowing anything about it piss me off. That hold no matter what position you hold about any issue.

My random thought:
        Too many people in this day and age are intolerant and think that, if someone disagrees with them, then then that person is a complete idiot or in some way inferior. We should always hold respect for all people. What ever happened to agreeing to disagree? :shakehead:
        I admit that I always get superior and condescending to people who start showing how religious they are and how they are special because they believe in God (and that I dont). Religious debates quickly turn into arguments because of zero tolerance from both sides, the agnostics/atheists and religious people. But Ive seen them all by now, and usually it boils down to religious side citing verses and going off on some major conspiracy theories, while the opposition hopelessly tries to hammer them down with facts and logic, which unfortunately does not belong in the same sentence with Bible, Quoran, et cetera.

Because it boils down to this. We have logic, common sense, facts, history, arguments, human nature on our side, and what we are asked to do is to "have a leap of faith".

The choice is quite simple here, and no arguments are needed. Especially once you have to deal with people claiming that Obama is the Antichrist and European Union is the predecessor of the one global nation.

And then theres the technology, which is evil, but its OK to use the internet for a Christian because he loves Christ and goes to heaven regardless.

This just goes on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          I admit that I always get superior and condescending to people who start showing how religious they are and how they are special because they believe in God (and that I dont). Religious debates quickly turn into arguments because of zero tolerance from both sides, the agnostics/atheists and religious people. But Ive seen them all by now, and usually it boils down to religious side citing verses and going off on some major conspiracy theories, while the opposition hopelessly tries to hammer them down with facts and logic, which unfortunately does not belong in the same sentence with Bible, Quoran, et cetera.

Because it boils down to this. We have logic, common sense, facts, history, arguments, human nature on our side, and what we are asked to do is to "have a leap of faith".

The choice is quite simple here, and no arguments are needed. Especially once you have to deal with people claiming that Obama is the Antichrist and European Union is the predecessor of the one global nation.

And then theres the technology, which is evil, but its OK to use the internet for a Christian because he loves Christ and goes to heaven regardless.

This just goes on and on.
          I completely understand and have several friends who hold the same view.

Something like 4% of people who claim to be Christians (or attend a church on a regular basis) actually know the fundamental tenets of Christianity and claim that their worldview is influenced by Christianity. That means that 96% or so of people who we think of as Christians are simply hypocrites. I can vouch for that fact. I consider myself a real Christian, and have for a few years. Out of the several hundred people who go to my church (I've met most of them at some time or another) I know less than 10 who strike me as Christians. The rest are just "posers."

That being said, I'd just like to give you something to think about. True Christianity holds that all people are equally bad ("original sin"), as compared to most worldviews that believe people to be inherently good. A lot of people believe that they will "get into heaven" by being good people, but that's not at all what the religion is about. Rather, a Christian should recognize that he he is not at all a better person than anyone else and nothing to do with himself (good deeds and whatnot) makes him a Christian.

These things are clearly laid out in the New Testament sections directed towards non-Hebrew Christians. However, if you go into any standard protestant church, you'll find that the pastor doesn't even preach out of the Bible, nor does anyone know what truly lies within the Bible. I'd urge you to accept that the people you think of as nutcase Christians are nutcases, but not Christians. I like to think that I am fortunate enough to be one of those who aren't hypocrites (I hold nothing in more contempt than hypocrites or being hypocrites). I probably know more logic than most people (I started studying formal logic in middle school ). And although I know a lot of Christians who are hypocrites, I know quite a few people who espouse Atheism or that Christianity is for idiots and losers merely because someone else told them so. They haven't researched the concepts and ideologies behind either worldview, but rather trust the opinion of a person they admire (like yourself, perhaps). That is no better; rejecting critical thinking in any issue is a mistake.

/wall of text.

Comment

No more religious stuff please, it's not allowed. Any more gets deleted, any taking the piss gets infracted.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
              No more religious stuff please, it's not allowed. Any more gets deleted, any taking the piss gets infracted.
              But I was having a mature, responsible, conversation with Chris_Redfield! Neither of us were at all angry, we were using our inside voices, big-kid words, and generally behaving maturely.

I'm sorry, I'll stop.

Comment

Go read Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis please. Also, GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheJob
                  Go read Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis please. Also, GTFO.
                  C.S. Lewis is very good author. When I was little I used to get him and Lewis Carol mixed up.

Comment

My random thought: If they have radical islam, why not radical scientology or radical buddhism.

Comment

Hehe This is by far one of the best games ever conceived..

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=

No this is:

For a similar genre.

Otherwise this is:

Overall.

NO U.

Comment

Comment

Is that PSX? I remember having some Star Wars pod racer game

Comment

I remember this game on the PC. One of the first i've ever played. Good times with win95 or 98, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                                Is that PSX? I remember having some Star Wars pod racer game
                                N64 emulator.

Comment

Working...
                                X