Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been out of town, where are the Conroes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've been out of town, where are the Conroes?

Yeah, that's a pretty cheap solution, and being limited to 2 gigs of RAM doesnt really matter to me, if its 667 DDR2 I dont have much to complain about.

I wish Newegg would get their shizzle together...

Looks like I can keep my existing video card, and get a conroe motherboard, processor and 2gigs of DDR2 667 RAM for around $500... hmm...Or I could go cheap cheap and get an AM2/939..... Im so darn indecisive.

Comment

Go to conroe's they will last so longer with u. atleast after getting one of them there will be nothing to think of.

Comment

Whats with the pricetags on the Conroe motherboards? I've seen one uber cheap one from ASRock ($58) and all the others jump into the $200 range... wtf?

Comment

ive noticed that too but some of the cheap ones are decent enough to get the job done

Comment

The ASUS P5B is a popular Conroe mobo for $170....

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
              Whats with the pricetags on the Conroe motherboards? I've seen one uber cheap one from ASRock ($58) and all the others jump into the $200 range... wtf?
              There is a good mid range Conroe board called the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

Buy GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderPimp
                There is a good mid range Conroe board called the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128012
                Yeah I saw that, no AGP though... so I'm still leaning toward a cheap mobo, good/great CPU and a videocard/mobo upgrade in a few months.

$58 Conroe board, $300 Conroe CPU, existing RAM and Video Card.

woot.

Comment

Working...
                X