Just got new pc, video card suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got new pc, video card suggestions

Hey, I just picked up a eMachines pc with a 3.2 ghz celeron d, 512mb of ram, and junk onboard graphics. I am going to pop in a gig of ram to get a total of 1.5 gigs and I am thinking about this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133154

Is it good? Are there any other cards you suggest? I would like it if the card was under like 80 dollars.

Re: Just got new pc, video card suggestions

Its average. You really want it to be a GT version at least. Or even a 7300GT, that would be better and theyre reasonably cheap.

Comment

YE its not bad

Comment

Would it be able to run it on like medium settings? I dont need some extreme graphics, just to play the game smoothly. I looked at how much money I have and I could spend up to about 90 dollars on a card. How much is the GT version?

Edit- I found this- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16814122201R

It's open box but it has a 15 day return so if it doesnt work. Should I go for it? Or should I just buy a new one?

Comment

Buy PowerColor Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card X800GTO256MBDDR3 with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

You could definately play at least on medium smoothly with this.

Comment

Yeah I would suggest he x800GTO. If you want something a bit more futureproof and a card that will get high settings and play decent an evga 7600GT is what I'd recommend. Seriously the best price for performance out there, and it'll last longer then all the other cards mentioned.

Comment

Hmm, well the 7600 GT is too expensive for me so I'll probably go with the x800 GTO, looks like a good card

Comment

just a little more money for an x850XT, and you get four more pipelines, 120mhz faster core AND 100mhz faster memory speeds. It's a good deal, for the money.

Buy Open Box: SAPPHIRE Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card 100106SR-RD with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I've got an x800XT AIW and I run mostly with the high settings that make the most difference to me (dynamic shadows off and dynamic light on low, textures and lighting to medium). You could probably bump up a couple of those with the x850xt.

But--yeah--for that price range, definitely go with x800/x850 series. The memory interface and gddr3 memory will make them a little more future proof.

Comment

Alright, I'll think about it and I'll probably order one this week.

As for some ram, I already have 512 , I was thinking to put another 512 in because I think 1 gig is enough. Plus, there are a lot of good deals on 512 (comp usa has a free one right now)

Comment

Moved to Tech Center

Comment

Another gig would be better, but if you're on a limited budget then you'd probably rather have an x850xt and a gig of ram than an x800gto and 1.5gb.

What speed is the ram you currently have?

Comment

I'm not sure. How would I find out?

Edit- Looked at the specs and got it. Its PC-3200 (400MHz)

Comment

you could pull medium settings on bf2 with that card. 1gb of ram is good enough too.

the others were right tho, the 6600 is ok for now, but games in the future it wont be. i have a 6600gt 128MB AGP, and i played HL2/CS:S on high, but i play BF2 on medium. im not too worried personally about future gaming, because i dont play too many PC games, and im not really picky about playing high settings.

Comment

Which card are you talking about? The 6600 or one of the Ati's?

Comment

Originally posted by minicoop503
                              Edit- Looked at the specs and got it. Its PC-3200 (400MHz)
                              Great. You can pair that with a decent stick of 512mb at newegg for ~$40.

Buy G.SKILL 512MB DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory Model F1-3200PHU1-512NS with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

edit...but if you can get a 512mb stick of pc3200 at compusa, that would be far better.

Comment

Working...
                              X