Asus N6800/td/512mb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus N6800/td/512mb

Anyone know how well the ASUS N6800/TD/512MB performs in BF2?
    core 325, mem 540, 12 pipes, AGP, $180 newegg

AMD 2600, 1 gig pc2700, 266 fsb

Re: Asus N6800/td/512mb

Ahh I hate it when sites dont post the clock speeds of video cards.

Comment

core 325, mem 540, 12 pipes

Comment

Id stay away from it. Your just wasting money when you buy a 512mb card. Im guessing its pci-e, so get something like a 7600gt or gs. Those will play with everything on high, at either 1024 or 1280.

Comment

wont do your much anyways with this

AMD 2600, 1 gig pc2700

Comment

It's a AGP card, with the most GPU, RAM and pixel pipelines I could find with the 6800 chipset. Wasnt ready to upgrade mobo, proc, ram AND graphics to get pci-e slot card. Got it for $180 at newegg, wont have it until monday..we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by r.satterwhite
              It's a AGP card, with the most GPU, RAM and pixel pipelines I could find with the 6800 chipset. Wasnt ready to upgrade mobo, proc, ram AND graphics to get pci-e slot card. Got it for $180 at newegg, wont have it until monday..we'll see
              I cant beleive you paid $180 for a vanilla 6800!! Damn, you could of gotten a 7600gs or a 6800xt for around $130! Both of those would outperform your 6800 immensly. The 512 ram on that card is pretty much useless with a 128 bit interface. Oh well. Its not my money i guess...

Comment

You're right TehFunk, I didn't do my homework well enough. I just wanted to be able to use the video settings on high in BF2. I hope this card will improve the video over my 6600 GT which will only run on medium settings.

Comment

Hell, my AGP 6800 V9999 Asus gamer edition just about outperforms that 512 card.

I also am surprised yer trying to run BF2 on a 266 FSB. Is it even playable?

Video cards:

1- 256 meg or more memory
                  2- 12, 16 or more pipes
                  3- 256 bit interface with at least a 8x AGP
                  4- adequate power supply around 450 watts or bigger

and yer set.

Comment

You're right TehFunk, I didn't do my homework well enough. I just wanted to be able to use the video settings on high in BF2. I hope this card will improve the video over my 6600 GT which will only run on medium settings.
                    You already have a 6600gt? dude, the 6600gt is better than the card you just bought...

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                      You already have a 6600gt? dude, the 6600gt is better than the card you just bought...
                      Actually I think they are right about the same, but either way, definitely not worth $180

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
                        OMG, yer right.

Must have been drawn in like a moth to light on the bright splashing marketing associated with that card.

Comment

OK I get it I get it...I'm not even going to open the box, I'll just request an RMA from newegg and ship it back when it gets here on monday. I really appreciate you guys' advice on this.. I'll go for the 7600GS..are there any board manufacturers to stay away from?

Comment

OK I get it I get it...I'm not even going to open the box, I'll just request an RMA from newegg and ship it back when it gets here on monday. I really appreciate you guys' advice on this.. I'll go for the 7600GS..are there any board manufacturers to stay away from?
                            Im not sure which ones to stay away from, but i know which ones to stay with. Try buying from Evga or Xfx. Heres Evga's 7600
                            Buy EVGA GeForce 7600GS 256MB GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card 256-A8-N542-AX with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Thanks TehFunk, so you like that one even though it's only 128-bit?

Comment

Working...
                              X