Amazing rig but crash to desktop... wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazing rig but crash to desktop... wtf

Try to edit the icon on your windows screen to change to windowed. Then maybe you can see any windows errors.

*Edit: Should have explained this a little more. Right click the BF2 icon on windows and look for the command line. On the right side it will have the fullscreen thingy, change it and you'll attempt to load in windowed.

Change "Fullscreen 1" to "Fullscreen 0"

Try to load again. It might be that in the video.con file your refresh rate isn't compatable with your monitor. If thats the case, changing it to 800x600@60Hz is a pretty safe starting point to get you loaded, then change it in game.

Anyways, try windowed and be sure to come back with results.

*OH and there's issues with X2 cpu's. Something about priority or something. I don't have one so I didn't pay much attention to the topics. I'm sure a search will result in lots of hits though.

Comment

Just to eliminate one thing... Try to run a dual boot with regular Win XP and see if that solves your problem...
      I havent heard of anyone running BF2 on XP Media Center, so that might be your problem... I have no idea!

Comment

No updates?

Comment

[rant]Not updating help requests is just plain rude.

People take the time to try to help someone with a problem, they get some info then just disappear. Talk about selfish.

They probably don't realize that if this fix helps them then it MIGHT HELP SOMEONE ELSE ALSO![/rant]

So, anyways... hows it going with the supercomputer?

Comment

did he fix? if not maybe your computer is too good for bf2 , lol , sheesh i hope it works!!

Comment

Guys, the black screen and (crash to desktop) CTD is a graphics glitch with BF2. It does not happen with any other games, but on my son's PC it did the same thing, until I back dated his nVidia Drivers to the 84. series (eventhough they are not the newest drivers!) BF2 is very picky about its graphics (settings and refresh rates) if they are off a bit or if you have a wide screen, and the settings are not what BF2 likes then CTD. Deleting your BF2 folder will help you adjust your settings, because they will reset to factory default when you reinstall BF2. Otherwise you can re-install all you want but the BF2 windows folder will cause the program to boot with the old saved graphics settings.

Comment

My son's PC had CTD's but it wasn't when loading. It was random while playing. I did everything to fix it and finally narrowed it down (I think) to RAM voltage.

His motherboard didn't support overclocking at all so I couldn't tweak the voltage up at all. I finally wound up replacing his MB with mine (getting myself a little upgrade in the process ).

Comment

Working...
                X