Thoughts Go Out to Those in Japan and the Pacific Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts Go Out to Those in Japan and the Pacific Rim

No, this isn't gaming related news. Forgive us but there are times when some news impacts such a massive number of people that something needs to be said.

For those unaware, Japan was hit with an 8.9 earthquake a short time ago which produced massive tsunami waves. Subsequent aftershocks, including a 7.1 magnitude quake followed, also producing tsunami waves. At least 19 casualties have already been reported with the number to rise throughout this disaster.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to those in Japan and surrounding regions.

Those in Hawaii are expected to be hit with a tsunami in a matter of hours. Those in the western United States and other areas in the Pacific Rim are also under watches and warnings.

More current coverage:

#AlJazeeraEnglish, we focus on people and events that affect people's lives. We bring topics to light that often go under-reported, listening to all sides of the story and giving a 'voice to the voiceless.' Reaching more than 282 million households in over 140 countries across the globe, our viewers trust #AlJazeeraEnglish to keep them informed, inspired, and entertained. Our impartial, fact-based reporting wins worldwide praise and respect. It is our unique brand of #journalism that the world has come to rely on. We are reshaping global media and constantly working to strengthen our reputation as one of the world's most respected #news and #CurrentAffairs channels.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

National Data Buoy Center - Recent observations from tsunami station 21416 (48.120N 163.430E) - KAMCHATKA PENINSULA - 240NM SE of Kamchatka Peninsula, RU.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: Thoughts Go Out to Those in Japan and the Pacific Rim

It's crazy down here in Hawaii... 0_0

Comment

Are you OK? Is it crazy because of evacuation?

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm fine, my house is inland. But it's crazy how much traffic there was getting home. I didn't even try the supermarkets and gas stations, way too many people.

I'd hate to be on vacation over here right about now.

Comment

Yea, one of my buddies goes to college in Hawaii says its nuts. Japan will have my prayers.

Comment

we must migrate to the moon and mars

Comment

lol^

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                we must migrate to the moon and mars
                But then we'll have meteor showers and dust storms...

Comment

Originally posted by Salad Snake
                  But then we'll have meteor showers and dust storms...
                  but atleast we can say that we have evolved

Comment

LOL, yes, we should base our evolution on how we have managed to kill ourselves. Space opens up new boundries for this advancement.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I wouldn't live on the Moon/Mars. Screw that

But yeah... I've seen a load of YouTube videos of raw footage of people's homes/stores being destroyed... It's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        LOL, yes, we should base our evolution on how we have managed to kill ourselves. Space opens up new boundries for this advancement.

Crunch
                        why not? XD we would end up doing it somehow anyways

Comment

Moving could cause more problems, Like being evicted from a land lord and saying "to hell with this place!" lets kick a few more doors in on our way out lol.

Comment

You have to feel for all of them who have lost people is these hard times.

Comment

It's really a disgusting and shocking news about what happened last few weeks in Japan ! I hope people there would be brave and be brave to continue their lifestyles and their Life ! There's always a chance for everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X