Greed Corp Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greed Corp Review

TGN staff member, ChristianOfTheWired, got his hands on the Xbox 360 version of Greed Corp. Greed Corp is a turn-based strategy game from W!Games and published by Valcon Games. It is available on both the PlayStation Network and the Xbox Live Marketplace.

So what IS Greed Corp? Well, if I had to describe it (and by writing a review on the game, you should know that I HAVE to) I'd say it is what would happen if Pixar decided to enter the board game business. The story is mostly driven by a series of textual descriptions of certain factions and businesses who are plundering the land in order to build armies. These armies will in turn destroy not only the enemies' resources and units, but the land they live on as well; A neat concept to be sure. The fact that the player's own land can be destroyed by mining into it for additional resources gives it a certain something that separates itself from other more ordinary turn-based strategy games. There's a fairly heavy handed sentiment about how destroying the environment to defeat one's enemies is morally unjust, but the game never rewards the player in any substantial way for finding ways around it.

Continue reading to see the rest of Christian's thoughts on Greed Corp and to see what overall score he gave the RTS!
Working...
X