Total Gaming Network Podcast Episode #46 Released - Selector Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Gaming Network Podcast Episode #46 Released - Selector Switch

The latest episode of the Total Gaming Network Podcast has been released today. Here's what this newest episode covers:
    This week's episode welcomes Manzi and CaptainKirk, who despite his moniker has YET to see the new Star Trek movie... but anyway, we soldier on and bring an episode filled with good info and a bit of good ol' fashion grumpiness.

We are wandering ever so close to the magical 50th episode so if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see in the 50th episode be sure to let us know!

TGN Podcast #46: The Selector Switch

04:03 - Modern Warfare 2 In-Game Footage
    06:42 - Why Lt. Davis should listen
    09:43 - Call Of Duty 7 in Development
    12:57 - BioShock 2 Trailer
    14:36 - NCsoft Reports Earnings for Q1 2009
    16:48 - City of Heroes Goes Rogue with New Expansion Pack
    20:30 - Dice: We Learned Valuable Lessons from Bad Company
    24:18 - DICE Talks PC Changes, Delay Conspiracies and Battlefield 3
    31:27 - Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update
    35:25 - Thief 4 Officially Announced
    37:00 - Telltale Games Celebrates 5th Anniversary
    38:16 - Fourm Trolling

Be sure to listen to this podcast and stay tuned to the feed! Feel free to post your feedback in this thread. You can also post any suggestions or ideas for the podcast in this forum. Sit back and enjoy our latest podcast!

Re: Total Gaming Network Podcast Episode #46 Released - Selector Switch

Whoever (I can't put names to voices) was trying to argue that the selector switch made CoD4 an arcadey is peddling a flawed argument, because Call of Duty games have always been arcadey.

And a game isn't all balanced by the situation. A G3 would be good in all the examples that you mentioned hence why it is "stuck" on full auto. Go back to ArmA, BF2 - PR and leave CoD to what it always has been.

And BTW did Manzi call OT idiots? :rawr

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
      Whoever (I can't put names to voices) was trying to argue that the selector switch made CoD4 an arcadey is peddling a flawed argument, because Call of Duty games have always been arcadey.

En|gma you are causing me so much pain. I thought you were my Boy.

I was not trying to argue the lack of a selector switch made CoD4 an arcadey game, I was successfully arguing that the lack of a selector switch makes CoD4 feel arcadey.

Just because the CoD series has always been arcadey does not mean it always needs to be that way. Game franchises change all the time. An example of that is the Rainbow Six series. That series use to be very tactical, but it was ported to the consoles and has become less tactical with the last few versions (which burns my butt).

Comment

A selector switch, or lack thereof, doesn't make a game arcadey, the other aspects of the game do, so I agree with what Stu said. I'm not saying that having an option to change rate of fire wouldn't contribute to the realism, but that's not the biggest issue in actual combat. It's very nit-picky to harp on the selector switch when you could just enjoy the rest of the game.

I think Andre's a little ridiculous to quit playing a game if it doesn't have a selector switch, but it's his right to be nonsensical. :P

Also, when did Manzi call OT stupid? I don't remember that.

Comment

I'm glad to see that common sense and logic have saved the day, yet again. It's almost like I have Vulcan-like logic... something CaptainKirk wouldn't know since he hasn't seen the movie yet... :O

Comment

Originally posted by Stu
            I'm glad to see that common sense and logic have saved the day, yet again. It's almost like I have Vulcan-like logic... something CaptainKirk wouldn't know since he hasn't seen the movie yet... :O
            More like Sheep-like logic :shakehead:

Comment

Baaaaaaaaaaaaa! Someones been playing Flock! ?

Comment

My argument wasn't that the selector switch is the deciding factor in the arcadiness of the game, but only that it is a contributing factor. PC Gamers have grown accustomed to more options in a game - something that the addition of a selector switch would add to.

Comment

so, what's next??? a keybind to tie your boot laces? strap and unstrap your BDU's?

"uh, hold on Raven Team, Raven Lead is whipping it out to take a leak"
                  "roger that - is he using Shift+U with button 6 on his mouse or did he customize that function?"
                  "oh no, he forgot to Ctrl+Z+8 to retract his crank before Alt+, and Left arrow and now he's got his johnson caught in the zipper"

Now THAT's realism people... why don't y'all write a macro for taking a whiz or a dump to increase "realism"...

Comment

games like Socom have too many buttons just to change the weapon. Some games can be too complicated with controls, you have to find a right balance.

Comment

I am quite surprised to be mentioned in the podcast considering that I don't post very often. I would submit POTDs once in a while but my computer is having some issues so I haven't played very much since March.

Comment

You were the first post in that thread about the COD trailer that didn't have any rep Here's a little to get you started...

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
                          You were the first post in that thread about the COD trailer that didn't have any rep Here's a little to get you started...
                          Ah.

Comment

Regarding BF3...IMO it's part economics, part technology that's causing the delay. Click the blue link in my sig, as I made a post about it a couple months back in the BF section when people were whinging about it a lot.

Comment

Does all the audio sound like chipmunks to anyone else? It sounds SUPPPER sped up. I cant understand them. No other sound is like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X