The Official Launch of the Reputation System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Launch of the Reputation System

People have long been wondering exactly what the reputation system is now doing enabled, and I'm here to tell you.

We as the TGN staff wanted a method to reward those who help us in providing the best news and best community in the gaming world. So, we have recommissioned the forum reputation system to serve this purpose. Below are the facts you need to know about contribution tracking.

So, what exactly is all this reputation business anyway?

It allows the staff to track the number of contributions you have made to our news, articles, and forum discussions.

How does this help me, and why should I care?

During giveaways, especially popular contests and giveaways, we will either reserve a number of the prizes (if applicable) for those in the higher contribution categories, or we will allow members in higher contribution categories to enter a contest more than once, increasing your chances of winning. Additionally, all the forums can see your reputation status under your avatar; the more pips, the better!

TGN Top Contributors, the highest reputation rank, also have an added bonus: Top Contributors can give positive reputation to deserving forum users. Of course they are subject to the same policies as the staff when awarding reputation, but by the time a user has reached this level (trust me, that's not an easy task), they have proven themselves capable of being trusted with this honor.

That's great, but how do I earn reputation?

You can earn reputation in one of a few ways. The easiest way to earn reputation is to submit news entries or PotDs in our submission area. Should a staff member post your PotD or news, you will be rewarded with +10 reputation points.

Providing special insight above and beyond an ordinary forum post or solving an unusual problem another user is having in his or her game will also result in +10 reputation points being awarded. The staff have strict internal criteria as to what these types of posts must contain before they qualify for reputation, but in the interest of keeping the system fair, these criteria are for the staff's eyes only.

Are the methods above the only way I can earn reputation?

No. Occasionally we will run special competitions or contests where bonus reputation points will be awarded as the prize. Additionally, we are looking into other ways to give reputation points, so keep a sharp eye out for updates.

Will my reputation ever expire or go down?

No, reputation points never expire. However, if a forum rule is violated, forum staff have the option of assigning negative reputation points as a punishment.

Where can I see how many reputation points I have?

Head on over to your User CP for a summary of how many reputation points you have and who gave you those points.
    ------

In conclusion, we hope that this will encourage everyone here to contribute and help make TGN a better and stronger gaming community.

Re: The official launch of the Reputation System

What exactly does the scale button do? It says "Add to Webs961's Reputation", but obviously I'm not an admin.

Comment

Why 10 points? Useless 0s at the end of numbers have always bothered me, or are we going to be able to earn half reps?

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
      What exactly does the scale button do? It says "Add to Webs961's Reputation", but obviously I'm not an admin.
      I think it was so we could check our own post's reps, but I'm not sure why everyone can see everyone else's.

psst, retroactive reps for everyone that was here pre-merge.

Comment

Re: The Official Launch of the Reputation System

Not like the steam forums then where people only give rep to people that are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
          You can still "give" positive rep, but no actual points will be given. Consider it a "Nice Job" kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
          X