Top 10 Moments In TGN History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Moments In TGN History

It might not seem like it, but TGN has been around for more than three years. As with any website, this amount of time undoubtedly produced some of memorable moments; this Top 10 tries to pick out the best. Check it out:
    10. Hack Attack
    For such a large board to have so little downtime is incredible. The past three years have brought the network very few power outages. Unfortunately, TGN has been under attack by a hacker for the past few weeks. Our technical staff has done a fantastic job of cleaning up the mess and we hope to put an end to these attacks in the near future. If you see any members claiming that "This is Spartaaa" please let them know otherwise.

9. April Fool's 08
    What was meant to be a harmless prank, quickly turned into a big mess for the TGN staff. For last year's April Fool's day, we had hoped to give some of the more esteemed members of our Off-Topic section some special titles in an attempt to win some brownie points. This transcended into a state of near rioting, one of our members even decided to "rage quit". After an explanation of what happened, everybody calmed down and life carried on as usual. Rest assured, the TGN staff has learned their lesson.

8. Chain-Gang Arrives
    Summer of 2007 was a great time for the gaming industry as many trailers and announcements were being released leading up to the memorable Fall of 2007. TGN was much more blessed than any other site as Chain-Gang-4-Life, undoubtedly our most popular member, registered. Providing an endless amount of entertainment with his well-thought discussions and uncanny ability to get his point across, Chain-Gang was truly the highlight of 2007. Although he does not post as regularly as we would like, he still drops by for a visit every few months so keep your eyes open.

The rest of this Top 10 can be found here. Do you agree with this list? Let us know your favorite TGN moments.

Re: Top 10 Moments In TGN History

April Fools 08 :awes

It would have been funny if vika hadn't of led the rage quit brigade.

Comment

As an ex-TBF2 OT'er i resent Total2142 being at #2

However, i think they are all damn good choices.

Comment

Nice, lol @ tags. Rage Quit you say? hmmmm :awes

Comment

What was the April's Fools 08 event? I must've missed it. :cry:

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
          As an ex-TBF2 OT'er i resent Total2142 being at #2

However, i think they are all damn good choices.
          Haha, better than Flight Sim right?

Comment

April Fool's 08 was damn funny. It led to Spawn's rather angry response of "this is why we can't have nice things!"

Comment

I was actually thinking yesterday about making a suggestions to add a sticky to the Off Topic section with all of the most epic threads in the history of TGN. I mean the Paris Hilton, April Fools, Chain Gangs Noob thread, and not to forget the BF2 one where the guy told us about his following a player from server to server with the players name.

Comment

Originally posted by =d][b=Ausden View Post
                not to forget the BF2 one where the guy told us about his following a player from server to server with the players name.
                That is still my all time favourite thread ever. Can anyone find it, i've lost it

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Lol, he added a disclaimer after the real Tim Russert died.

Comment

I forgot about april fools :awes I diddnt realise we got any admin power?

Comment

Lack of Nightwasp?!

Lack of Vika rage quit?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers View Post
                        Lack of Nightwasp?!

Lack of Vika rage quit?!
                        Vika rage quitting would require a top 100 moments.

Comment

Vika ragequit was, IMO, one of the funnies threads besides '''Paris, i love you!'' and ''O say can u c...''

:awes

Comment

Paris, I love you and Tim Russert. <3

Comment

woohoo !!! #7 !!

hey - thanks to all the folks who listen in and check us out !! We love being here and trying to make you chuckle and maybe learn something once in a while.

Shane, Andre, Richard, and Jason
                              The TGN Podcast Crew

Comment

Working...
                              X