TGN Podcast Episode #27 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Podcast Episode #27 Released

The latest episode of the Total Gaming Network Podcast has been released today. Here's what this newest episode covers:
    This probably will go down as one of the strangest podcast of ours of all time, but we had a lot of fun making it.

We recorded the podcast at our annual Thanksgiving weekend tradition, Geek Lockdown - a LAN party hosted by our own Jason "Agent844" Gombos - with Richard on a remote. Andre, Jason, and Stu are all in the same room with all the crazies in Jason's house for GLD.

We covered a ton of stuff, but the enjoyment of being with friends and kindred gaming sprirts was the best part of this recording. So - enjoy the GLD version of the TGN Podcast.

00:01 - Welcome to GLD
    04:45 - Left 4 Dead Stats: Zombies Will Kill Us All
    06:45 - The Zombie Apocalypse arrives, choose your weapon:
    10:30 - Fallout 3 DLC, Mod Tools Detailed and Dated
    13:23 - Only 4% of Games are Profitable - Clarify 20% Profitable
    16:15 - ArmA 2 Trailer Released
    18:55 - Bungie Explains Why Halo 3 Loads Slower When Installed to Hard Drive
    28:35 - Age of Conan Dev Funcom Confirms Layoffs
    35:36 - Outtakes - Bongos

Be sure to listen to this podcast and stay tuned to the feed! Feel free to post your feedback in this thread. You can also post any suggestions or ideas for the podcast in this forum.

Re: TGN Podcast Episode #27 Released

There is nothing wrong with Colt 45 and King Kobra. If that is what your doing at your Geek Lockdown then hell yes I will come. (Get more 40's though since I'm coming.)

Also hearing everyone talk about L4D makes me sad. No PS3 release.

Comment

The background noise from Rock Band and random gamers pervaded the whole podcast. Twas very annoying, so I only listened for 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by randomduded12
        The background noise from Rock Band and random gamers pervaded the whole podcast. Twas very annoying, so I only listened for 5 minutes.
        I actualy did not mind that it added to the whole atmosphere I think just wasent blah blah blah talk talk you could tell they was at an event with other gamers having fun, I think though you should have had a few of the other people there just hop in say hi or talk about something real quick.

Comment

Do another raw podcast with some TGN Admins/Staff or another outtakes special. That outtakes special was hilarious, worthy of listening to multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by randomduded12
            Dude, only 5 minutes

You missed the part when the girls started making out.

I will give you a dollar if you listen to the entire podcast. One US dollar. That's worth about 75 cents. What a deal.

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
            I actualy did not mind that it added to the whole atmosphere I think just wasent blah blah blah talk talk you could tell they was at an event with other gamers having fun, I think though you should have had a few of the other people there just hop in say hi or talk about something real quick.
            We tried to get some of the others to come on, but they were too busy gaming and wanted us to hurry up an finish so we could back to L4D.

Hope to see you there next year Manzi.

Comment

What part of Michigan are you in? It takes like 5 hours to drive to lake Erie.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                What part of Michigan are you in? It takes like 5 hours to drive to lake Erie.
                I am near Ann Arbor and the other guys are north of Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi

There is nothing wrong with Colt 45 and King Kobra.
                  You're darn right about that! Anything with Lando HAS to be awesome! However, the Camo Ice w/9% alcohol was pretty brutal.

Yeah it was a good time, I am actually surprised the background noise wasn't louder because the drums were literally about 2 feet away from Dre and his mic and everyone else was pretty close too. Just shows you Dre's 1337 editing skillz :worship:

Everyone go get L4D cuz it would be nice to hop on a server and slash the guts of some TGN staff!

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Agent844 View Post
                    Everyone go get L4D cuz it would be nice to hop on a server and slash the guts of some TGN staff!
                    Yeah TGN Staff, the Podcast Crew is calling you out. The Podcast Crew vs. any group of TGN Admins. You fools are going down.

I got dibs on Manzi's brains.

Comment

Loved the reference to Starman and "Pro Wrestling" on the NES. Simple game, yet I spent so many hrs of fun playing it (along with other classics like Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber, Karate Champ, Metroid, Blades of Steel, Tecmo Bowl, Contra, etc, etc).

My first reaction to the "zombie weapon" was the lightsaber, assuming that it never ran out of power (that's the problem with any gun - eventually, no more bullets)...

...but the Nano Suit is interesting - you can out-run the zombies, stealth-hide from them, jump up on a roof to get away, or go super-strong and punch their heads right off. Could zombies even damage/get through the suit to hurt or infect you? Does the suit eventually run low on batteries? Still thinking a lightsaber would be my choice.

The L4D demo was fun...wish I had played it more before the time ran out. Maybe a Christmas pickup for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Delta1
                        Yeah TGN Staff, the Podcast Crew is calling you out. The Podcast Crew vs. any group of TGN Admins. You fools are going down.

Why dont you guys go look at the L4D section?

The L4D TGN Episodes are the best.

I would play it but so far PS3 = No L4D and my PC doesnt mean the min specs.

So I am being Left 4 Dead (get it ha ha)

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                          My first reaction to the "zombie weapon" was the lightsaber, assuming that it never ran out of power (that's the problem with any gun - eventually, no more bullets)...

...but the Nano Suit is interesting - you can out-run the zombies, stealth-hide from them, jump up on a roof to get away, or go super-strong and punch their heads right off. Could zombies even damage/get through the suit to hurt or infect you? Does the suit eventually run low on batteries? Still thinking a lightsaber would be my choice.

The L4D demo was fun...wish I had played it more before the time ran out. Maybe a Christmas pickup for me.
                          The only way they could get to you in a Nano is if they removed you face shield. It is just held on by a strap so they could get to your face after it is remove.

I would love a light saber also, but without the Jedi powers I do not think I would last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Delta1

Your *** is sooooo on!!! Steam: cappykirk

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Delta1 View Post
                              Dude, only 5 minutes

You missed the part when the girls started making out.

I will give you a dollar if you listen to the entire podcast. One US dollar. That's worth about 75 cents. What a deal.
                              I bet you guys just watched 2 girls 1 cup to say you have chicks making out on your show. To see something truly disgusting watch 2 guys 1 horse and give your reactions to that. Vomiting icon anyone?

My personal weapon of choice against zombies: the grim reaper's scythe (cuts through lightsabers like warm butter) or a pistol from Left 4 Dead because ammo never runs out. The suit idea is great though.

I listened through the podcast, where's my freaking dollar?

Comment

Working...
                              X