TGN Podcast Episode #26 Released - The Best Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Podcast Episode #26 Released - The Best Around

The latest episode of the Total Gaming Network Podcast has been released today. Here's what this newest episode covers:
    We get the full band back together and hit you with the latest in gaming news, along with an overriding theme for this week... see if you can spot it.

Read the full show notes here.

TGN Podcast #26: The Best Around

00:01 - The Best Around
    03:14 - CoD5 Review
    10:40 - Why we love L4D and Steam
    17:10 - New XBOX Experience (NXE)
    27:22 - New Patch Brings DX10 to AoC
    30:40 - GTA 4 PC Screenshots and Video Editor
    35:40 - Wii Install Base Leads XBOX by 2 Million Units
    40:20 - NPD Updates Top Five Console Games of 2008
    43:44 - Game Designer Defends Used Game Sales
    48:55 - DICE Put Its Faith in Nvidia Physx Technology
    53:36 - Outtakes

Be sure to listen to this podcast and stay tuned to the feed! Feel free to post your feedback in this thread. You can also post any suggestions or ideas for the podcast in this forum.

Re: TGN Podcast Episode #26 Released - The Best Around

I want to send out a quick "thank you" to all of the podcast guys.

I had to take a very long trip (+5 hrs total) on public transit today, almost an hour's wait in a reception area, and a couple of long line-ups to wait in. So I used the opportunity to get caught up on the 5-6 podcasts I hadn't heard yet. You guys kept me entertained the whole time, and I even started laughing out-loud a few times (getting some weird looks from other passengers, lol) when Richard let fly with his random f-bombs, and at the continual merciless ragging on Age of Conan.

Great stuff guys. This day could've been pure hell for me, but it actually flew by fairly quickly. Thanks for the laughs, and for putting up the archive page. I look forward to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
      I want to send out a quick "thank you" to all of the podcast guys.

I had to take a very long trip (+5 hrs total) on public transit today, almost an hour's wait in a reception area, and a couple of long line-ups to wait in. So I used the opportunity to get caught up on the 5-6 podcasts I hadn't heard yet. You guys kept me entertained the whole time, and I even started laughing out-loud a few times (getting some weird looks from other passengers, lol) when Richard let fly with his random f-bombs, and at the continual merciless ragging on Age of Conan.

Great stuff guys. This day could've been pure hell for me, but it actually flew by fairly quickly. Thanks for the laughs, and for putting up the archive page. I look forward to the next one.
      Whiskey,

We really appreciate your comments and we are glad to provide any entertainment that we can. It's comments like this that make the whole podcast worthwhile for us and makes our day. Thank you from all of us !! We hope to have something special for next week's podcast (not sure if we'll pull it off or not, so stay tuned...).

Thanks for listening to the TGN Podcast !!

-Shane (and Andre, Jason, and Richard, too)

Comment

Lightsaber duels...... lol

Comment

I'm reposting this from the podcast's shownotes.

I have seen a ghost! 20 Wiis in a local store! They do exist! Out of around 60 possible Wiis, they had sold 40 and it's not even Christmas or anything. While walking through the store, I saw multiple people pick one up. It's appealing with the price (The 360's technically cheaper, but not as appealing to new gamers), the casual appeal, and the nostalgia factor.

Also, there are quite a few Wii owners who will buy literally any piece of crap that the Wii gets. However, most of the top 5 are decent games other than Wii Play. That game has only one worthwhile "game" out of 9 and it deserves no place on a bestseller list even if it has a controller.

As for the whole selling used games back. The prices given to the seller are bullsh*t. Let's say you bought Left 4 Dead on Xbox 360 and decided to sell it back one day after leaving the store. The game is brand new, unopened, but the most you will get back is 30$ or so if you don't try to ask for a refund. Search WhistleBlowerZero and watch how crappy stores like GameStop are.

Comment

I always go to FYE for trade-in's Brothers in Arms Hells Highway was 23 dollars for cash and 28 for store credit.

At Gamecrazy it was like 11 bucks or so.

Comment

Working...
            X