The Loss of a Good Friend and Colleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Loss of a Good Friend and Colleague

Some very sad news today being delievered by 21st Century Warfare's Internal Coordinator DWillis to the 21CW and TGN communities about the passing of a good friend and dedicated MyIS employee, Jeff:
    There was a time when My Internet Services was a twinkle in Crrrazzy's and Napoleon's eyes, and a time when 21st Century Warfare was owned by MFOTS.

During the early days of My Internet Services, Tim and Greg were looking for a few good men in their pursuit to lay a great technical foundation from which they could leapfrog into the gaming industry as one of the world's most prominent server providers and industry partners. Their search led them to a server management tool called "Server Genie" and someone by the name of furball, it's designer and developer.

At the time, MyIS had little to no network infrastructure, and were still in the infancy of understanding all of the technical aspects of network infrastructure. As it turned out, this guy - furball - had much, much more to offer than a simple "Server Genie."

[MyIS]Jeff was born, and the infrastructure of MyIS had their lead network engineer. Jeff, along with Tim, was not only a critical part of building the MyIS foundation, but he was an instrumental part to ensuring the Technical capabilities of MyIS were strong enough to break into the gaming industry.

Jeff was a made sure 21CW had the bandwidth, website, ftp servers, gaming servers as well as many other fine parts that work behind the scenes for 21CW to continue operating. When something broke, Jeff was the guy we went to. And he fixed it. Always.

Unbeknownst to us, Jeff was fighting a personal fight, one of life and death. Some time ago, Jeff was diagnosed with Lukemia. It is a serious type of cancer. Jeff liked to keep things to himself, so no one at MyIS, or within 21CW, was aware of Jeff's personal fight. I will say we noticed a change in his personality, but it wasn't until now that we put it together.

This week, Jeff lost that fight, and has passed away. It is very unexpected to all of us because none of us were aware of his medical problems...

Jeff was a wonderful friend, staunch supporter of 21CW, and a very talented engineer. He is already missed greatly, and I for one will miss all of those late night discussions we have had over the last 3 years, and those hours of firefights on the game servers...

The 21st Century Warfare Staff sends our deepest condolences to Jeff's family, and we are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

Jeff, I will miss you, my old friend. Know that you leave a lasting legacy with all of us, and that we will never forget.

Godspeed.

All of us here at the Total Gaming Network grieve over the loss and send our deepest condolences to Jeff's family through thoughts and prayers. Words cannot properly express our sadness over this loss.

Godspeed indeed. :salute:

Re: The Loss of a Good Friend and Colleague

God bless you Jeff, my thoughts are with you & your family. :salute:

Comment

:salute:

Comment

Very sad news.

Rest in Peace.

Comment

:salute:

Comment

Rest in peace.:salute:

Comment

I talked to Jeff a fair bit on TS and he was always a rock solid guy. You'll be missed mate.

Comment

Never good to lose people, Rest in Peace.

Comment

Both him and his family are in my Prayers.

Comment

a huge loss

jeff was instrumental in setting up TGN as it is today :salute:

hes taught me alot and i will never forget him

Comment

Very sorry to hear, he was really talented.

Comment

As sad as it is to hear of such to a loss, I can't help but think how powerful it would be to memorialize his work through the official creation of a TGN sponsored Folding@Home team.

I can't think of any reason not to establish such a team. With all of the available members, the right "push" by TGN could garner thousands of team members....all folding to help cure cancer...which robbed your compatriot of his life.

The technology is there to fold on consoles and on PC's...even utilizing video cards.

Comment

Though I didn't have any direct contact with Jeff, it is always sad to hear of someones passing, may he rest peacefully.

Comment

RIP and God bless. :salute:

Comment

Rest in Peace Jeff. :salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X