Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TGN Podcast Episode #12 Released

Originally posted by TGN|Agent844
    500 CDs on your shelf?!?! Pssshhh. And us old men cuz we want to have game in hand??!?! Coming from the cranky guy who plays a few games a year and wont play a FPS online? C'mon now. It's ok to come out and play with us online with CoD4 or AoC or BF2142. You dont have to disconnect the network cable and play Crysis and Mass Effect all alone.

....... Wait for it guys......... Dre only likes "tactical" shooters and we all suck cuz it's all about our kill counts.
    The 500 CDs was a joke Jay Ryan. I trashed all my CDs years ago when I converted them to MP3s. Have not purchased a CD in years.

I will let you guys worry about kill counts. I game to have fun, not impress people with my kill counts.

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Delta1
      Each of your points can apply to CD/DVD media:

1. Long delay in patch releases. Can happen with every game patch

2. Problems with loading the Steam system itself. Every gamer has had a problem loading a CD/DVD base game at some point

3. Problems with games finishing a patch install. Happens with CD/Base games all the time.

4. Problems with backing up my game to put on a new PC. Secure ROM - Nuff said.

5. Problems with Steam Updates. CD/DVD updates happen via downloads/updates. Do you want your patches mailed to you via CD/DVD. You get your game updates/patches, demos, and trailers via download, what is a few more GBs between friends?

You guys have to admit each of you has had a problem with a CD/DVD base game. No technology is perfect, but technology does change and become obsolete. Media base technology will soon be obsolete. Movies, Music, Games, and Books will all be Digital Only in the future. There is even talk that the next version of the XBOX will be digital only.

Resistance is Futile.
      1. I was refering to when a patch is released then there is the wait for Steam to release their version of the patch.

As for the other comments, I see your point, however, I have not had those issues with CDs, maybe I am just lucky. It seems I am always fighting with steam on something.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

As for the other comments, I see your point, however, I have not had those issues with CDs, maybe I am just lucky. It seems I am always fighting with steam on something.

Crunch
        That is kind of my point. We all have different experiences with technoloy, some good some bad. You have never experienced any problems with your CDs and I have never experienced any problems with Steam.

PS

Ask Agent844 why he cannot play Raven Shield or a why bunch of his other games will not load (Hint: It has something to do with them being on CD and the condition of the CDs). You do not have to worry about scratches with digital copies.

Comment

Working...
        X