Rise of Kobol Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of Kobol Mod Update

There is a new update posted today over at the Rise of Kobol mod website. They have released a video showcasing in game footage from their first alpha. Take a look:
    We have some great news to share. RoK has officially started testing for our mod. We opened this to our forum members first and had a huge number apply, but we still need a few more. To find out more visit our forums. We also need more members to help build this mod. We need strong members with experience in the modding world to step up and help complete this mod.

Also, I took some Fraps of our networked testing to show off our progress of the FTL and Zero G space combat physics RoK developed for BF2. I want to say that there is nothing else like it in multi player and we can't wait to share our Alpha .5 build we are working on. I will let the movie speak for it's self.

Download Here!

Some great progress being made on this mod. Be sure to swing by their site to learn more.

Re: Rise of Kobol Mod Update

i can't wait until the mod comes out

the zero-g turns in combat looks exactly like the TV series
    i hope they have plenty of viper and raiders for everyone in the final version

Comment

Looks pretty cool, the controls seem a bit too sensitive though. Good luck with the mod.

Comment

hey, looks great.. congrats on the amazing progress..

one question tho...

i see they still use bullets and missiles...

will whatever the ships fire (lazers) be fast? i mean, from the video i see how the when you shoot you have to compensate for movement because bullets are not fast enough... will lazers be fast?

once again.. congrats on the progress

Comment

Awesome video!

T

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleVee
            Looks pretty cool, the controls seem a bit too sensitive though. Good luck with the mod.
            Yeah, it's called an Alpha. That is a stage in game development where those areas are tweaked millions of times.

Originally posted by kid_3
            hey, looks great.. congrats on the amazing progress..

one question tho...

i see they still use bullets and missiles...

will whatever the ships fire (lazers) be fast? i mean, from the video i see how the when you shoot you have to compensate for movement because bullets are not fast enough... will lazers be fast?

once again.. congrats on the progress
            We will never have lasers. If you watch the current Battlestar Galactica TV series you'll see the bullets with tracers is very close to the show. This isn't star trek with photon beams. BSG is a far more realistic idea of space combat in the future which is what we want to recreate.

Comment

Personally, being a huge fan of the new series, i cannot wait to play this mod. I hope it plays similiar to xwing, i always thought that was an immense and probably the best space flight sim. Constantly having too move about and huge dogfights.

What other models are you planning on including?

Comment

Originally posted by [B40K]Mr.Guyb II
                Personally, being a huge fan of the new series, i cannot wait to play this mod. I hope it plays similiar to xwing, i always thought that was an immense and probably the best space flight sim. Constantly having too move about and huge dogfights.

What other models are you planning on including?
                I also played Xwing as a teenager and X-wing Tie fighter.

Check out the site to see a list of vehicles.

Comment

I try not to get too excited about mods, since so many mods never get released, but (besides Forgotten Hope) This is one I am really looking forward too.

so is there any chance of a release before Season 3 of BSG? (October)

Comment

I wish they would stick to classic ship designs rather than this new crap.

Comment

Originally posted by batmanuel
                      I try not to get too excited about mods, since so many mods never get released, but (besides Forgotten Hope) This is one I am really looking forward too.

so is there any chance of a release before Season 3 of BSG? (October)
                      We will have Beta .1 out before Season 3 and alpha .5 will release hopefully if all goes well in April.

Originally posted by H*S_Shellshock
                      I wish they would stick to classic ship designs rather than this new crap.
                      Why would we stick to the old, lame opinion that no one cares about. We will have both. Even maps that have nothing but old, but whinners like you will never be happy. I just wonder about people sometimes and don't care if you downloaded the mod either.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuther
                        We will have Beta .1 out before Season 3 and alpha .5 will release hopefully if all goes well in April.

Why would we stick to the old, lame opinion that no one cares about. We will have both. Even maps that have nothing but old, but whinners like you will never be happy. I just wonder about people sometimes and don't care if you downloaded the mod either.

Hey *******, I wasn't dissing the mod. Don't be such a douchebag or no one will download the mod.

Comment

can you explain that?

are you saying April 06 or April 07?

assuming that you are talking 07 I just hope you guys have something out before BF3. I assume that BF3 (not BF 2142 but the next true upgrade of the engine) will come out sometime in 07.

RE: Old Show
                          I agree...the 'the new show sucks' whiners need to get a grip. The new show was named Best Drama by Time Magazine and has more episodes than the old show. If it is good enough for Richard Hatch it should be good enough for you

Comment

Originally posted by H*S_Shellshock
                            Hey *******, I wasn't dissing the mod. Don't be such a douchebag or no one will download the mod.
                            Yes you were and I doubt anyone would listen to you. Our quality speaks for it's self.

Originally posted by batmanuel
                            can you explain that?

are you saying April 06 or April 07?

assuming that you are talking 07 I just hope you guys have something out before BF3. I assume that BF3 (not BF 2142 but the next true upgrade of the engine) will come out sometime in 07.

RE: Old Show
                            I agree...the 'the new show sucks' whiners need to get a grip. The new show was named Best Drama by Time Magazine and has more episodes than the old show. If it is good enough for Richard Hatch it should be good enough for you
                            April 06.

Comment

Yes you were and I doubt anyone would listen to you. Our quality speaks for it's self.
                              How can you tell me what I was saying and what I wasn't? Yea, you can't. This is very bad PR, btw.

Never did I diss the quality of your mod. I said I wished it had more classic BSG elements in there and not this new crap they have on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X