• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dissidents Present: Hostile Acts

Excellent Vid 10/10:rock:

Comment

That was great, like a real film!

I cant wait for part 2, you took all of Bf2's non real aspects and covverd them up nicely.

Great to see what BF2 would look like with real explosions and sounds .

Comment

Lol 10/10...MEC have the Iraq voices of Desert Combat lol old school!
        very nice movie!

Comment

great movie!:laugh: indeed, cant wait for part 2

Comment

thought it was really neat.

Constructive Critisism:

1. Might want to mention DC since some of the content came from that mod.

2. Have the tankers set up joysticks for driving the tanks. This ensures analog input to the game - and allows the tanks to move at any speed. This will prevent the tanks from jumping forward and stopping in order to match the infantry speed. Something like "push stick forward to go forward" and that sort of thing.

3. One small thing to improve on includes the choreography (sp?) of the infantry during firefights. In one scene a soldier had to stop firing because another was moving in front of him.

4. I liked that a lot of soldiers used the right-click to zoom feature. This puts their faces in the sights - which is very realistic. Most people do not shoot from the hips.

5. Please use sem-auto mode a bit more, it's rare to see real soldiers opening up full blast at some of the distances that they were engaging the enemy.

6. I enjoyed the bit with Bush. It's nice to see some ties to the world around us. I would expand on that by maybe cutting to stills of osama and flag burning just to rile up the viewer and get him on the USMC side.

7. I would suggest that when the blackhawk lands, the crew should be right-clicked to bring their faces to the sights.

8. I enjoyed the arabian music - it gives it a good feel.

9. The tank gunners seemed to move their turrets faster than realisticly possible - have them slow their movements to reflect the true ability of a person to swing that heavy gun around.

10. We ate a lot of grass in the car chase scene =)

All in all a really nice and professional movie. The editing by Jaws really put a shine on it.

Comment

Great movie 10/10. Man, that was breathtaking. Can't wait for number 2.

Comment

Thanks for the input troybob. We'll use some of your suggestions in Episode 2

Comment

dont get me wrong, but some things I didnt like were:

- hectic camera on 70% of the whole video (first thing you learn on filmschool is, to use static cameras!), the car-chase was horrible to watch. If you compare this video, with videos that are so popular, you can clearly see that the popular ones mostly use static cameras!
                  - the very slow beginning, if you use such a good theme you should use the power of that music with some good images and not a "boring" lift off and landing, What about a nice fire effect , dying men in black/white contrast, saluting people and so (like the rock theme is used in its original)
                  - the most annoying thing was the recorded sound. If you recorded it with anlog line in, you should heavily reduce the outgoing output. If you used software recording for the sound, please next time, "normalize" the whole sound. Its horrible to hear when a car explodes or something like that

What I liked:

- the attack of the airplanes
                  - the story
                  - some music that was used
                  - some effects were pretty good used

some suggestions:
                  - replace the weapon sounds by your own (rip them from movies, good one with clean weapon sounds is "ronin"). that adds alot of needed freshness
                  - if possible, use max quality setting
                  - what about a little humor

Comment

I would've liked a dramatic ''NOOOOO!'' when the tank died, would've been dramatic. Also, what I would love is a skydiving scene, we've got the soldiers part, what about the 'special forces' squad (NOT talking about the add-on or the class), dropping in by parachute, behind enemy lines, sneaking around and trying to complete the mission.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Crazycanuck
                      Thanks for the input troybob. We'll use some of your suggestions in Episode 2
                      another suggestion:

have someone with excellent high altitude bombing skills and have them fly level at a high range to release the ordinance.

you could get a cut of the plane releasing - and then get a cut of the bombs coming in. by the time the bombs come - the jet should be out of the area due to the rate of fall of the bombs.

Comment

Great vid, probably the best I have ever seen 10/10, can't wait for part 2

Comment

Great movie, and great suggestions troybob, another thing is that the UH-60 didn't have any door gunners when it went to go pick up that squad, not very realistic, especially considering they were going into a hot LZ. But other than that, the movie was great, cant wait to see part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by punkpber16
                            s that the UH-60 didn't have any door gunners when it went to go pick up that squad, not very realistic, especially considering they were going into a hot LZ.
                            yeah I still don't know y we didnt put a gunner :hmm:

Comment

This is probably one of the most amazing game vids ive ever seen. Great production overall, but i still saw one name tag lol Other than that its great 10/10

To bad the game isnt based like that, everyone just goes off to see how many more points they can get

Comment

one of the best vids out there... 10/10. altough camera was a bit jerky sometimes (car scene) and we also ate lots of grass, it was all good movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X